Convert Dynamic XFA to Standard AcroForm with Aspose.PDF for .NET - System.ArgumentException

Hello, I have a Dynamic XFA PDF to convert to Standard AcroForm.
Using the instruction "document.Form.Type = InteractiveFeatures.Forms.FormType.Standard" but it does not work. Throws an exception of type 'System.ArgumentException'
The version of Aspose.Pdf is 9.3.0
thanks

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please share the resource files causing this problem so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

We noticed that the procedure crashes when images are present in the master page. So we were able to perform the flattening of the document by deleting the images, but we noticed that the dynamic text fields (expand to fit) are truncated after flattening.

Also adds a blank page at the end of the document. We have attached two documents, one with and one without pictures.

Thanks for the support

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0 and I am able to
notice that InvalidOperationException is being generated when trying to convert both XFA form to Standard form. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-37136 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.
Hi,
I bought the new version of Aspose.Pdf (v10.6) but the scenario does not seem to have changed, 15 months later. Any news? This is an extremely important feature: since without this there is no possibility of converting a dynamic document in a standard document.
What do I do with all the management features of dynamic documents if not then I can convert it to a usable format? Any suggestions? Thanks for help

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue is still not resolved, as our product team is busy in investigating/fixing other issues in the queue, reported earlier. However we have raised the issue priority of your above reported issue and requested our team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Hi,
it's been another year, we purchased the new version of Aspose (11.9.0), however the conversion problem from a pdf XFA to a PDF AcroForm is still present. The procedure does not go wrong with exception. However, the text of the dynamic field ends up outside of the page. You can verify by testing the modules that we have included in this same thread two years ago. The resulting file is unreadable and unusable for a professional solution.
It would be helpful if you gave us a solution,

Thanks

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for sharing your findings. I have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 12.0.0 and unable notice dynamic fields text rendering issue. I will appreciate it if you please test the conversion with latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and share your output, so we will further look into it and will provide you information accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi,
I used the version 12 but the result is the same . I am attaching the XFA document and its AcroForm conversion.
As you can see the second page contains a field whose content goes beyond the margins .
Thanks for your help

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We are testing the scenario in our environment and will get back to you soon.

Hi Nayyer,

you’ve got to test the models that I’ve attached? I need this solution. In the absence of a solution, I will have to find another solution to solve the problem XFA.

thanks in advance

Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for contacting support.

Yes we are working on testing all the possible scenarios based on earlier shared documents and will get back to you soon. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

qt2000@qt2000.net:

Hi,
I used the version 12 but the result is the same . I am attaching the XFA document and its AcroForm conversion.
As you can see the second page contains a field whose content goes beyond the margins .
Thanks for your help
Hi Gaetano,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem that contents are flowing out of page margin. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41613 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,
unfortunately we renewed Aspose.Pdf, over the past three years, because we need the functionality of management and conversion XFA documents.
However we encountered new problems, you have opened the bugs but still not see the solution.
So I think this will be the last renewal of your product because, although this feature is present for some years, has never really worked.
Thanks anyway for the willingness shown to us

Hi Gaetano,

First of all please accept our sincere apologies for this delay and inconvenience.

Now concerning to issues regarding XFA, due to complexity of this feature, I am afraid these features are not yet resolved. However I have recorded your concerns with product team and have requested them to try accommodating them in their development schedule. However as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37136) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.11.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.