Convert EMF and WMF to SVG

Can any of the Aspose APIs take an EMF or WMF file as input and convert it to an SVG file, preferable keeping any vector representations in tact?

The EMF/WMF would have been extracted from DOCX files as part of a larger conversion, but we’re looking to convert them directly to SVG outside of the DOCX in which they originated.

Hi Kenneth,

Please check the following topics for more details and let us know if you see any issue.

Convert EMF to Raster Image Formats

Convert WMF to Raster Image Formats

Best Regards,

Muhammad,

Thank you for your reply, but the links you provided are for converting EMF/WMF to raster formats. My question is regarding converting EMF/WMF to SVG, a vector format.

Can Aspose convert EMF and WMF to SVG?

Thanks,

Ken
Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for writing us back.

This is to update you that EMF to SVG and WMF to SVG format conversion features are not supported. Request tickets for these features with IDs IMAGINGNET-2006 & IMAGINGNET-1858 have already been created into our system. Details of the ticket IDs are given below. We will update you via this forum thread, once the features will be available for public use.

IMAGINGNET-2006: Support for EMF to SVG conversion
IMAGINGNET-1858: Support for WMF to SVG conversion

Hi Ikram, thank you for your response.

Has any timetable been established for adding support for EMF to SVG and WMF to SVG conversion?

Also, is it possible for the public to track the status of IMAGINGNET-2006 and IMAGINGNET-1858 without pinging you here?

Thank you,

Ken
Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that feature under ID IMAGINGNET-2006 is currently at “Code Review” stage. Hopefully it will be available in the Aspose.Imaging for .Net upcoming release. Feature under ID IMAGINGNET- 1858 is pending because our product team is working on some formats of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).

Further to update you that these IDs have been bind to this thread. You will be updated automatically when the feature is available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGNET-1858) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Glad to hear that support for WMF to SVG conversion (IMAGINGNET-1858) has been added/fixed. Thank you! I look forward to reviewing the quality of the conversion results.

What's the latest status on the related EMF to SVG conversion (IMAGINGNET-2006)?

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that feature to convert EMF to SVG format has been made available. Please try the following code snippet at your end to convert EMF to SVG format also visit the link Export Text As Shape While Converting EMF To SVG Format this may be of your interest.

CODE:
string sourcePath = @"sample.emf";
string destPath = @"sample_out.svg";
using (Image image = Image.Load(sourcePath))
{
EmfRasterizationOptions emfRasterizationOptions = new EmfRasterizationOptions();

emfRasterizationOptions.BackgroundColor = Color.White;
emfRasterizationOptions.PageWidth = image.Width;
emfRasterizationOptions.PageHeight = image.Height;

image.Save(destPath, new SvgOptions() { VectorRasterizationOptions = emfRasterizationOptions });
}

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.

[quote=“kjhughes, post:1, topic:4104”]
Can any of the Aspose APIs take an EMF or WMF file as input and convert it to an SVG file, preferable keeping any vector representations in tact?
[/quote]image21.zip (2.5 KB)

Is this possible with Aspose.Imaging for Java ? All i can get is an SVG file that wraps the base64 of the png. I would like to preserve the vector respresentations of the metafile file.

@dimitrios.iakovidis,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.Imaging does support exporting metafiles to SVG. I suggest you to please visit this documentation link for your convenience.

I am looking for a product that will allow me to convert image files ( png, emf, wmf ) to SVG. I found some code on your site, but I keep getting this exception when I try and save:

Inner Exception 1:
ImageSaveException: Image export failed.

Inner Exception 2:
ArgumentException: VectorRasterizationOptions is not SvgRasterizationOptions

@USSteve,

Can you please share source file along with sample code so that we may further investigate to help you out.