Convert excel with dde (xlsx) to xls will prompt with protected view

Hi,

When I try to convert this sample excel file that contain dde frm xlsx to xls it will have protected view prompt. It only occurs for this conversion, regardless if I want dde to be kept or removed in output xls.

Disclaimer: The dde in this sample file contains just a command to run calc.exe. (it is a not malicious file) but it will prompt an dialog asking to update or not, just click don’t update.

Here are the sample file and the code that I’ve tried.

sample_with_dde.zip (16.4 KB)

Thanks.

@zhilin39,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found by converting an XLSX file with dde to XLS will prompt with protected view when opening the output file into MS Excel. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46192” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@zhilin39,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46192”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@zhilin39

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I tested with my sample files, it seems like this issue has been resolved. So can I just use the attached library file or should I wait for the official update ?

Thanks

@zhilin39

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose APIs.

The official release 18.7 will be published around 18-20th July 2018. In the meantime, you can use the attached library without any worries. It means, it is safe to use hot fix in your production environment.

Hi,

Thank-you for the help. Could you please also notify me when the official release 18.7 is published ?

Thanks

@zhilin39

You will get automatic notification from Aspose in this topic when 18.7 will be available on NuGet.

Official Releases are published on NuGet, which you can view from the following link.

NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Cells 23.10.0

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46192) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.7. Please also check the document/article for your reference: Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation