Convert Existing Excel Reports

Hi,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have heard a lot of good reviews about Aspose products and I’m interested to see what they could do to improve our company Intranet (an ASP.NET site). At the moment our Intranet hosts a lot of reports which have been created in Microsoft Excel (XP and 2003). I would like to be able to offer users the ability to view these reports in other formats. As there are a lot of reports, I would like to be able to get the Excel report that the user requested and “on-the-fly” create a file in another format (PDF, Word, HTML, XML etc).

If this could be done via our existing ASP.NET site, and by using one of your products, then I would be very interested in reviewing and hopefully purchasing one or more of those products.

Could someone tell me if this is possible and if so which products would be best suited for the job?

Thanks,
Mark

Dear Mark,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

The Nanjing team is working on Excel2Pdf function. I will ask them to reply to you.

Hi Mark,

You can use Aspose.Excel and Aspose.Pdf to convert an Excel file to a Pdf file. Please check Convert Excel Workbook to PDF

And we are doing the feature to convert Excel file to SpreadsheetML. This feature will be available within one or two weeks.

Aspose.Excel doesn’t support xls2html and xls2doc now. We will start to work on xls2html next month. When xls2html feature is implemented, you can also use Aspose.Excel and Aspose.Word to convert xls to doc for Aspose.Word has already supported to import html.

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the quick reply!

If I could just go through what you said and clarify what products I need just so I can be certain.

In my scenario I would need to buy Aspose.Excel and Aspose.PDF?

First of all, I would open the excel file. I would then save it as an XML file (using the Aspose.Excel object I would select the format of Aspose.Pdf.Xml). I would then use the Aspose.Pdf object to open this XML file and then save it as a PDF document. Is this all correct?

Thanks,
Mark

Yes. For Xls2Pdf feature, your description is perfect.

How to convert Excel file to Pdf file.

Please refer to Pdf|Documentation