Convert HMTL to TEXT using JAVA - Input files are not processed

SampleFileHTML_Errorstack.7z (7.8 KB)
Aspose Words for JAVA : 21.12 is unable to process the provide input files [HTML format] where as the same Input file [attached] is getting processed with downgraded version of Aspose words for JAVA : 20.9.

Please find details of API used:

public static void ConvertPDFtoWordDocAdvanced()
{
    Path HtmlFile = Paths.get(_dataDir.toString(), "Sample-Report.html");
    Path txtFile = Paths.get(_dataDir.toString(), "Sample-Report.txt");
    Document doc = new Document(HtmlFile)
    doc.joinRunsWithSameFormatting()
    doc.save(txtFile, SaveFormat.TEXT)
}

Please refer to attached input file and stack track error observed.

@abusaleham Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I have managed to reproduce it on my side. It has been logged as WORDSNET-23569. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

Please note that issue is with Words for JAVA 21.12 version not with .NET - please raise ticket accordingly from your side

@abusaleham Aspose.Words for .NET is the main product. Once the issue is fixed in .NET version it will be ported to Java automatically.

Can you please update on above reported Issue ?

@abusaleham The issue is scheduled to be resolved in 22.7 (July 2022) version of Aspose.Words. We will be sure to inform you once it is resolved.
Please note, this is a rough estimate and it can be shifted, so you cannot 100% rely on it.

Hi,

We are from Thomson Reuters and there is Paid support subscription tie up with ASPOSE, can you please look into options to expedite in fixing above issue and provide release at earliest.

@abusaleham Thank you for additional information. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at this issue as soon as possible and increased the priority of the issue.

Can you please check on process related to logging tickets for paid support since we are repeatedly seeing same issue in our PROD.

@abusaleham Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet. The responsible developer is currently busy on other high priority tasks, once he is done with them your issue will be moved in development. Please accept our apologizes for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23569) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 22.5 update also available on Maven.