Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert HTML to PDF using Aspose.PDF for .NET - memory increase to 4GB

I tried to convert html to PDF and my desktop memory increase to 4GB for very small html file.
Attached is a sample project that demonstrates memory leak
Please help!

@LNPH,

There is no attachment in your post. You can upload a ZIP of the project application. There is an upload button in the header of the post editor. In case, if the attachment exceeds 3MB size limit, then upload this file to Google Drive, Dropbox etc. and share its download link with us.

PdfPOC (2).zip (377.6 KB)
I removed the license file since this is public board. If you need the license file, I can email you privately.

Thanks,
Loan

@LNPH,

We managed to replicate the problem of memory consumption in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-44613 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

what version of Aspose is that, we are experiencing high allocation of memory as well using the latest version 18.4

@Kmanley1,

Kindly send all details of the scenario, including source documents and code. We will investigate your scenario in our environment, and share our findings with you.

here is where we are calling aspose to generate the pdf. 2018-05-10_8-26-30Aspose.png (172.2 KB)

Report.pdf (38.2 KB)
attached is a sample of a pdf

@Kmanley1,

We have tested your source HTML document with version 18.4 of Aspose.PDF for .NET API. We will notify you once the linked ticket ID PDFNET-44613 is fixed.

If the source HTML document is different, then kindly send us a ZIP of the HTML document. We will investigate your scenario in our environment and share our findings with you. We recommend our clients share each problematic document for the testing purposes.

Any update on this issue?

@Kmanley1,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44613 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We will investigate as per the development schedules, and notify you once it is fixed.

We have not received any updates about this issue and this is affecting the performance of our software, please advice to a solution or a work around. We need to understand the cause of the slow performance we are experiencing when rendering our documents using Aspose 18.4 that was supposed to have fixed the memory allocation.
Thanks

@Kmanley1,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44613 has just been identified and pending for the analysis. It could take time because there are other high priority tickets in the queue. In order to escalate the priority, we recommend you to post this ticket Id in the paid support forum. Please refer to this helping link: Aspose support options

any update about this issue?

@Kmanley1

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is not yet resolved. Please note that it has been logged under free support model and will be investigated and fixed on first come first serve basis. There is already large number of issues in the queue which are pending and were logged prior to your issue. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding resolution of your issue, we will surely inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We are also experiencing an issue with memory leaks when converting html to pdfs.

We are trying to convert html pages to pdfs on mass but with each conversion the memory in use goes up until the RAM on the server is maxed out and the program crashes. This is a major issue as the project effectivly can’t be completed until this is resolved. Is there any indication on when this will be fixed?

@perrytoyn

Thanks for your inquiry.

The issue has already been logged in our issue tracking system. However, it is still pending for a resolution due to long queue of pending issues. We have recorded your concerns and will definitely consider them while resolving the issue. As soon as we are in position to share any reliable ETA, we will surely inform you. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

Is there any update on when this will be looked at? Our client bought the licence specifically for this project and they are currently unable to make any use of it due to this issue.

@perrytoyn

Thanks for your inquiry.

As shared earlier in the thread that issue is pending for analysis due to low priority and long queue of previously logged issues, I am afraid we are not in position to share any reliable ETA. Furthermore, if issue is a blocker for you and you need to get it resolved urgently, we request you to please check paid support option where issues are resolved on priority basis. As soon as we have some updates regarding resolution progress, we will surely inform you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan