Convert HTML to Plain Text File & Set Left Indentation for Text against HTML Blockquote Tags using C# .NET API

I’m converting html to plain text using DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml() and SaveFormat = Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Text. It mostly works ok, but it seems blockquote is still not supported (or doesn’t actually cause any quoting) in the 20.1 aspose.words .net version, even though much earlier posts on the internet indicates that issues with blockquote support should have been resolved.

I expect a blockquoted section in html to cause something like this:

>> Some quoted text
  >> More quoted text
  >>>> Some quoted quoted text
  >>>> ...as blockquotes can be nested

Is this known? Is it a new bug? Or regression? Will it be fixed? Workarounds?

@eriknuds,

Please ZIP and upload your 1. input file, 2. Aspose.Words generated output file showing the undesired behavior and 3. the expected file showing the desired output here for testing. We will then investigate the scenario on our end and provide you more information.

This should render what I printed in my example above, with the >> quotes or space indentation:

<blockquote>
Some quoted text
<br />
More quoted text
<blockquote>
Some quoted quoted text
<br />
...as blockquotes can be nested
</blockquote>
</blockquote>

…and it just renders it like this:

Some quoted text
More quoted text
Some quoted quoted text
...as blockquotes can be nested

…so it renders it without any quote indication, just prints the text. I wanted it to print like this:

>> Some quoted text
  >> More quoted text
  >>>> Some quoted quoted text
  >>>> ...as blockquotes can be nested

@eriknuds,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-19780. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19780) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.10 update also available on NuGet.