Convert image to PDF not supported formats

Hi all,

We are using your apsose library to convert files into pdf, so far it’s succesfully working with ms word, images (png,gif,jpeg,tif). But I found that a tiff big-endian format and a jpg exif (Digital camera JPG using Exchangeable Image File Format (EXIF)) currently cannot be converted.
You will find the files in the attachment.
Are these files supported from you library ?

Thanks,
Laertis Pantos

Hi Laertis,

Thanks for contacting support.

I
have tested the scenario and as per my observations, when using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.0, the TIFF image is properly being converted to PDF format. However I have observed that an exception is being generated when converting JPEG EXIF to PDF format. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-34967. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

[Java]

//Open document

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document();

com.aspose.pdf.Image img = new com.aspose.pdf.Image();

img.setFile("c:/pdftest/JpgEXIFDocument.jpg");

pdfDocument.getPages().add().getParagraphs().add(img);

pdfDocument.save(<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:Consolas;mso-fareast-font-family:
“Malgun Gothic”;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;color:#2A00FF;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:KO;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>“c:/pdftest/JpgEXIFDocument.pdf”);

Hi Laertis,

For your reference, I have also attached the PDF file generated from TIFF image.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for your quick response once again.
Currently we are using the aspose-imaging 2.6.0 I will try your new version right away.
Please let me know for any progress of the JPEG EXIF issue.

Thanks,
Laertis Pantos

Hi Laertis,

As soon as we have some further updates regarding the resolution of earlier reported issue, we will update you within this forum thread. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi,

Is there any update about this issue ?

Regards,
Laertis Pantos

Hi Laertis,

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the scenario with latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Java and unable to notice the reported exception in JPG exif to PDF conversion. Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Java, it will help you to accomplish the task.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

It seems that it’s working with the latest version of Aspose.pdf.
Thanks

Regards,
Laertis

Hi Laertis,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our API’s and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

HI,
How to png image to convert TGA file format…

@veerakarthik,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present the support for PNG to TGA format is unavailable in API. An issue with ID IMAGINGJAVA-1468 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the requirements. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the support will be available.

@veerakarthik

You can please try using latest Aspose.Imaging for Java 20.9 on your end using following sample code to convert PNG to TGA format.

Loading of the PNG image and saving it as a TGA image.

try (RasterImage image = (RasterImage)Image.load("test.png"))
{
    image.save("test.tga", new TgaOptions());
}

Loading of the PNG image, conversion of it to the TgaImage and saving as a TGA image.

try (RasterImage image = (RasterImage)Image.load("test.png"))
{
    try (TgaImage tgaImage = new TgaImage(image))
    {
        tgaImage.save("test.tga");
    }
}

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGJAVA-1468) have been fixed in this update.