Convert Multi layer PDF to TIFF - lost the background layer

I’m dealing with Multi Layers PDF and use the document.Form.Flatten(), but i’m not able to convert pdf to tiff. Can you tell me if Aspose is able to handle and flattening out all the mulit layers to single layer for tiff conversion?

@DanNgo1

Would you please share what type of issue you are facing? Also, please share your sample PDF document along with sample code snippet that you are using. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I have multi layer pdf. during conversion to tiff i don’t get all the layers and lost the background layer. I only get the data layer. I need to flatten the multi layer to single layer so convert to tiff generate the complete pdf image. Can i send sample pdf by private email?

SampleImage.pdf (93.6 KB)

here is the sample image that can be use for conversion to Tiff.

here is the code snippet.

private static List<byte[]> ConvertFromPdf(byte[] InputFile, int DefaultDpi)
{
Aspose.Pdf.License license = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
license.SetLicense(FileConversions.licenseNamePDF);
List<byte[]> list = new List<byte[]>();
using (MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream(InputFile))
{
using (Aspose.Pdf.Document document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(memoryStream))
{
TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();
tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.CCITT4;
tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Format1bpp;
Resolution resolution = new Resolution(DefaultDpi);
TiffDevice tiffDevice = new TiffDevice(resolution, tiffSettings);
using (MemoryStream memoryStream2 = new MemoryStream())
{
tiffDevice.Process(document, memoryStream2);
MultipageTiff multipageTiff = new MultipageTiff(memoryStream2.ToArray());
for (int i = 0; i < multipageTiff.PageCount; i++)
{
list.Add(multipageTiff[i]);
}
}
}
}
return list;
}

@DanNgo1

Yes, you can send a private message as well by clicking over username and pressing blue Message button.

We were able to notice the similar issue in our environment while testing the scenario with Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.9 and logged it as PDFNET-48808 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Asad.ali.

Thank for acknowledging. Please review this issue quickly. We have a paid license and looking for your assistance. We need a solution to this issue ASAP!

@DanNgo1

Please note that we do realize your concerns. However, we would like to share with you that issues under normal support model are resolved on first come first serve basis unlike priority support where issues have high precedence and are resolved on urgent basis. We will surely inform you as soon as we have some definite updates in this regard. Please give us some time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Asad

Do you have any update for me?

@DanNgo1

We regret to inform you that no updates are available regarding issue resolution yet. As shared earlier, the ticket will be reviewed on first come first serve basis and as soon as we have some certain updates regarding its resolution, we will inform you. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter. Please spare us some time.

Asad,

I’m following up on this. Do you have any update? Is there an ETA when someone will take a look at this?

@DanNgo1

We are afraid that earlier logged ticket has not been completely investigated yet and we are not in a position to share a reliable ETA at the moment. We will let you know as soon as we make some definite progress towards issue resolution. Please give us some time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Asad,

Do you have any update for this logged ticket? Again I’m looking for ETA on this issue.

@DanNgo1

The issue is still under the phase of investigation and we are afraid that we cannot share any ETA at the moment. We will surely update you within this forum thread as soon as the anlaysis is done. We highly appreciate your patience in this matter. Please give us some time.

Asad,

Do you have any update on this issue? it’s now 3 months with no ETA. If there isn’t any resolution to this I will recommend to our corporate to NOT RENEW our licensing with Aspose and go with another conversion component.

@DanNgo1

Please accept our humble apology for the inconvenience which have been faced. Please note that we resolve every logged issue however, the issues are resolved on the basis of first come first serve policy. Also, their resolution time depends upon the nature and complexity of the issue. We are really sorry that we could not get your issue fixed due to other issues logged prior to it. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely consider them during issue investigation.

We will inform you as soon as we have some news about resolution ETA or fix of the issue. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter. Please give us some time.

We again apologize for the inconvenience.