Convert .pcl file to .pdf

Not able to convert .pcl file to .pdf.
Was able to convert the smale size 1 KB .pcl file to .pdf. but when converting 367 KB .pcl file to pdf. Having issues.
Error:
Additional information: Unable to cast object of type ‘#=zp3QFt3A1VY0pOWtq$OZqZoqsAphe’ to type ‘#=zfu5FASEJw9UbZY6GjheMrnYfLfGB’.

This particular .pcl file has images in it.

I can provide the .pcl file if needed.

Here is the code:
// load PCL with an instance of Document
Aspose.Pdf.License obj = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
obj.SetLicense(@“D:\me\pcltopdf\ConsoleApplication4\ConsoleApplication4\bin\Debug\Aspose.PDF.Product.Family.lic”);

var document = new Document("D:\\pclpdf\\AP_5_Standard.pcl", new PclLoadOptions());

// save document in PCL format
        document.Save("AP_5_Standard.pdf");

@balarama.singamsetty

Please provide sample PCL file for our reference in .zip format. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Sure. attaching some of the .plc files. Thanks and I really appreciate your help and support on time.pclfiles.zip (780.1 KB)

@balarama.singamsetty

Please check the attached output PDFs that are generated in our environment while using 22.6 version of the API and the below code snippet. We did not notice any exception:

Aspose.Pdf.PclLoadOptions loadopt = new Aspose.Pdf.PclLoadOptions();// { ConversionEngine = Aspose.Pdf.PclLoadOptions.ConversionEngines.NewEngine };
loadopt.SupressErrors = true;
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(dataDir + "AP_7_MiddleSummary.pcl", loadopt);
doc.Save(dataDir + "AP_7_MiddleSummary.pcl.pdf");

pdfoutputs.zip (454.8 KB)

However, you can check these files and let us know if they show expected content in them or not. If no, then please share expected outputs with us as well. We will further proceed accordingly.

Thanks for your help and Support.
I can not send original pdf. So I am sending you the images with comparision between the original and converted file that you have provided. There is lot of text missing after convertion. Attaching the images. Please check and help us.FileComparision.zip (232.4 KB)

@balarama.singamsetty

We have logged an issue as PDFNET-52013 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok Sure. We appreciate your help on this. We have to take a decision ASAP. Hope issue will get resolved, So I can let my team know the research results.

@balarama.singamsetty

Your concerns have been recorded along with the ticket and we will consider them as well. Will surely inform you once we have some updates.

1 Like

Sure Thanks…

1 Like

Hi,
I am sure you are working on this issue. Do you have any update for me please?

@balarama.singamsetty

We are afraid that the investigation against the earlier logged ticket has not been yet completed. We will surely inform you once we make some significant progress towards its resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sure. Thank You. We are waiting for your response.

Hi,
Do you have any update for me? Please

@balarama.singamsetty

We are afraid that the earlier logged tickets have not been yet resolved. Please note that issues in free support model are resolved on first come first serve basis as per free support policies. However, we already have logged your concerns and will surely try to complete the investigation while considering them. We will inform you as soon as the tickets are resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,
Wanted to check the status of the ticket. Do you have any update for us.
Also wanted to check regarding aspose.total . Can I use aspose.total for this .pcl to .df converstion? what is the difference between aspose.total vs aspose.pdf
we do have licences for aspose.total already.

@balarama.singamsetty

Regretfully, the ticket has not been yet resolved. Furthermore, Aspose.Total license can be used for every Aspose API included in the package and Aspose.PDF is one of the APIs in Aspose.Total. You can also use Aspose.Words in order to convert your PCL files into PDF. For the purpose, you need to convert PCL into Word format and then generate PDF from it using Aspose.Words. For example:

Document document = new Document("template.pcl");
// save PCL as a DOC 
document.Save("DocOutput.doc", SaveFormat.Doc); 
// load Doc with an instance of Document
var outputDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document("DocOutput.doc");
// call save method while passing SaveFormat.Pdf
outputDocument.Save("output.wordml", SaveFormat.Pdf);   
1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am still waiting for your response on actual issue.
We do have licence for aspose.total. Is there a way to expedite the issue fix process?

@balarama.singamsetty

Regretfully, the ticket is still not resolved and it is under the phase of investigation. As shared earlier, tickets/issues in free support model are resolved on first come first serve basis. However, we do offer paid support option which can be used to report issues need to be resolved on urgent basis. You may please check it in case this issue is a showstopper for you. We will surely inform you here in case we have some updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi,
Can you tell me the status of this issue?