Convert PCL to PDF in C# using Aspose.PDF - output PDF shading seems wrong

Hi Aspose Team,

I tried converting the attached pcl file (zipped pattern_test.zip (540 Bytes)
) to pdf using Aspose.Pdl.dll 17.6, the output pdf shading seems wrong, it had all pattern boxes as full black instead of shading. Please help.

@prasanna.sk

We tested the scenario using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.8 and received below attached resultant PDF.

pattern_test.pdf (59.6 KB)

Would you please try using latest version of the API and in case you still notice any issue, please let us know.

Hi asad.ali,

I tried your suggestion to download Aspose.PDF .Net client dll’s version 20.8, but when I integrate with my sample application and run it, i get below error. Can you please help me on this, is this expected? My sample application runs fine with 17.6 dll’s. Two exceptions are thrown, one for license, I have lic file for Aspose.Total. Do you need me to share the license file, is it safe to upload lic file here?

9/22/2020 10:55:28 AM : Exception occurred during processing license Validation The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 01 Sep 2017, but this version of the product was released on 11 Aug 2020. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.
9/22/2020 10:55:31 AM : Conversion failed!!System.Exception: At most 4 text fragments can be added in evaluation mode. —> System.ArgumentException: At most 4 text fragments can be added in evaluation mode.
at Aspose.Pdf.Text.TextBuilder.#=zWEWgl98=(TextFragment #=z_x0p56HYze43, Int32 #=zR2XeFAE=, Boolean #=zADzDRJ2rFjR2)
at Aspose.Pdf.Text.TextBuilder.AppendText(TextFragment textFragment)
at #=zumdZS9DbnpnIbZOw6sL34SEE6ObqyyJK7w==.#=zbw6o9BU=(#=zxyC6WqBpGu1hN20NpARyGVY= #=zcxTZeEaAdm8H)
at #=zxyC6WqBpGu1hN20NpARyGVY=.#=zpEShGDc=(#=ztkIFWQs2vTp_vcqYpQrwdgeYzQ9t #=zFUhKqUI=)
at #=zIqxj625izCF8iZ3wgd0pdv5J6qJf.#=zpEShGDc=(#=ztkIFWQs2vTp_vcqYpQrwdgeYzQ9t #=zFUhKqUI=)
at #=zaytBNXRgl8F3JYaH8bpsUyk=.#=zpEShGDc=(#=ztkIFWQs2vTp_vcqYpQrwdgeYzQ9t #=zFUhKqUI=)
at #=zIqxj625izCF8iZ3wgd0pdv5J6qJf.#=zpEShGDc=(#=ztkIFWQs2vTp_vcqYpQrwdgeYzQ9t #=zFUhKqUI=)
at #=zaytBNXRgl8F3JYaH8bpsUyk=.#=zpEShGDc=(#=ztkIFWQs2vTp_vcqYpQrwdgeYzQ9t #=zFUhKqUI=)
at #=zJC7n_ujvaym9kYjqfBo0Ww4=.#=zpEShGDc=(#=ztkIFWQs2vTp_vcqYpQrwdgeYzQ9t #=zFUhKqUI=)
at #=zumdZS9DbnpnIbZOw6sL34SEE6ObqyyJK7w==.#=zqXJ9l9c=()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at #=zeBkrGurEkeofBkT5bLg1nUs=.#=zqXJ9l9c=()
at #=zXJy0kEZReWQzuZ_5BViopjd4vBYf.#=z_pPxM2NXohzLDOUQUXJmNMU=(IList1 #=zlPpoCegwp2GY, Document #=zfDh8vsFTUDGj, LoadOptions #=zBrlTglc=, Boolean #=z01gR3McE$q9X) at #=zXJy0kEZReWQzuZ_5BViopjd4vBYf.#=z_pPxM2NXohzLDOUQUXJmNMU=(IList1 #=zlPpoCegwp2GY, Document #=zfDh8vsFTUDGj, LoadOptions #=zBrlTglc=)
at #=zi6t1Z3mrSbDvZAancY8XqABe5le4.#=zGmgdez6CfBg3(Stream #=zCFNT1$FXSyQL, Document #=zfDh8vsFTUDGj, PclLoadOptions #=zBrlTglc=)
at Aspose.Pdf.Document.#=zdlqM3bY=(Stream #=zu6e49lU=, LoadOptions #=zBrlTglc=)
at Aspose.Pdf.Document…ctor(String filename, LoadOptions options)
at MSOfficeConverter.CAspose.ConvertFileToPDF(String& spoolFilePath, String& pdfFilePath, String& resolution) in c:\Workspace\CP.24_dev_build_copy\print_server\printSvc\jpm\MSOfficeConverter\CAspose.cs:line 161
9/22/2020 10:55:31 AM : Conversion failed!!

@prasanna.sk

The both exceptions you are facing are due to your license file as it only supports versions up to 17.6. You can use license file with any version of the API which was released before the expiry date mentioned in license.

In order to use latest version of the API, you need to upgrade your license file and if you want to evaluate latest version without upgrading license subscription, you can use free 30-days temporary license.

We have private message option to share confidential files including licenses which you can send (when requested) by clicking over username and pressing Blue Message Button.

Hi Aspose team,

I have Enterprise license for only 17.6 Aspose.PDF .Net library, and as you mentioned it supports version upto 17.6. Can all of the fixes you do as part of latest library can be backported to 17.6?

@prasanna.sk

We are afraid that fixes cannot be backported as many fixes and enhancements involve addition of new methods and functionalities in the API that justify the process of monthly update. As shared earlier, we always recommend to use latest available version due to that fact. Please let us know if you have any other inquiry.