Convert PDF (Bluebeam Revu) to PDF/A

Hi Team,
Are you support pdf files created in Bluebeam Revu?
I have issue when I am converting those files to PDF/A.
Some files not converted at all. And this is the code:

string filePath = Server.MapPath("Invoices/");
    Document pdfDocument = new Document(filePath + "TempFile.pdf");
    bool test = false;
    try
    {
       // test = pdfDocument.Validate(filePath + "log_val.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);
        test = pdfDocument.Convert(filePath + "log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
    }

catch (Exception ex)
    {
        string err = ex.Message;
    }
    filePath = filePath + "PDFToPDFA_out.pdf";
    pdfDocument.Save(filePath);

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,
pamanager

@pamanager,
Kindly send us your source PDF files. We will investigate and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

I am using Free Support Forum and I do not see ability to attach files.

Regards,
pamanager

@pamanager,
Thank you for the inquiry. The free support clients can upload files in their posts. There is an upload button in the header of the post editor. However, you can also upload a file to any free file sharer server, and then share its download URL in the post. Please also confirm whether you can find the upload button or not, and it is working as expected or not. Your response is awaited.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

Please try convert to PDF/A attached file.

Regards,
pamanagertest_1_Bluebeam.pdf (218.1 KB)

@pamanager,
We managed to replicate the error as “index out of range”. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-43120 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Thank you Imran,

I will wait for update.

Regards,
pamanager

@pamanager,
Sure. We will notify you once it is fixed.

Best Regads,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

Two questions:

1. What is the status for fixing error “index out of range”?
  2. In Aspose is it possible to check if pdf file in PDF/A format?

Thank you,
pamanager

@rudolfkalik,

The ticket ID PDFNET-43120 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We have logged an ETA request under the same ticket ID PDFNET-43120 and will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regards.

Yes, it is possible. Please refer to this help topic: Validate PDF Document for PDFA Standard (A1A and A1B)

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

Please see two attached files.
First is original and second after conversion to PDF/A.
Box in original file with white border was converted to box with red border.
I think this is the error of conversion and validation is failed.
Please create ticket for your team to fix this issue.First.pdf (14.2 KB)
Second.pdf (1.9 MB)

Best Regards,
pamanager

@rudolfkalik,
We managed to replicate the problem of incorrect rectangle color in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-43224 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The output PDF is being validated successfully. Kindly let us know how you are validating the output PDF and also validate this output PDF document (PDF_A_1B.pdf (2.1 MB)).

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

I am validating file with:
test = pdfDocument.Validate(filePath + “log_val.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);
Also I cannot download file what you send to me.

Regards,
pamanager

@rudolfkalik,
We have validated the output PDF with the latest version 17.8 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API and it is being validated successfully. This download the output PDF from here: PDF_A_1B.pdf

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique