Convert Pdf into PdfA/1A

Hello

I need to convert a normal PDF document into a PDF A/1A
I have tried to do it in the following way but the resulting document gives me problems when incorporating a digital signature and then doing a “save as” from the acrobat reader (the signature indicates that the document was modified, that is, it is broken).

Dim doc As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(“c:\pdf\originalNotA.pdf”)

Dim options As New Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormatConversionOptions(Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete)
doc.Convert(options)
doc.Save(“c:\pdf\resultA1A.pdf”)

Is there a way to do the conversion from normal pdf to pdf A/1A without using the convert instruction?

Thank you very much for your help

Hello

I need to convert a normal PDF document into a PDF A/1A
I have tried to do it in the following way but the resulting document gives me problems when incorporating a digital signature and then doing a “save as” from the acrobat reader (the signature indicates that the document was modified, that is, it is broken).

Dim doc As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(“c:\pdf\originalNotA.pdf”)

Dim options As New Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormatConversionOptions(Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete)

doc.Convert(options)

doc.Save(“c:\pdf\resultA1A.pdf”)

Is there a way to do the conversion from normal pdf to pdf A/1A without using the convert instruction?

Thank you very much for the help

@AYTOIRUN

Could you please attach your input PDF, problematic output along with screenshot of issue that you are facing?

Please share all steps that you are following to reproduce the same issue at our end. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hello
I attach four documents:

• The original pdf. (Original.pdf)
  • The pdf converted to pdfA/1A. (OriginalA1A.pdf)
  • The digitally signed pdfA/1A. (OriginalA1A_Signed.pdf)
  • The pdfA/1A after doing “Save As” in which the signature appears broken. (OriginalA1A_SignedSaveAs.pdf)
    The code used to convert from pdf to pdf/A is as follows.

The problem is that if I open the signed document and do “Save As” from Acrobat Reader, the signature is corrupted because it tells me that the document has been modified.

If I do the conversion from pdf to pdfA/1AOriginalA1A_SignedSaveAs.pdf (1.3 MB)
OriginalA1A_Signed.pdf (1.3 MB)
OriginalA1A.pdf (1.2 MB)
Original.pdf (3.0 KB)
using products other than Aspose, the signature remains correct.

All the best

@AYTOIRUN

You are using old version of Aspose.PDF for .NET. We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.8 and let us know how it goes on your side.

If you still face problem, please share the code (source code without compilation errors ) to generate OriginalA1A_Signed.pdf and OriginalA1A.pdf files. We will use the same code to reproduce the same issue at our end.

Please also share the screenshot of this issue. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello again
I have downloaded the latest version of Aspose.pdf (22.8.0) and the problem persists.
It seems that it is a bug in the DLL, a bug that has left our document system very damaged.
Unfortunately we are going to have to stop using Aspose and buy another product and advise all our contacts against this product.
All the best

@AYTOIRUN

As per our understanding when you incorporate a digital signature into PDF generated by Aspose.PDF and then doing a “save as” from the acrobat reader, the signature is not valid.

To reproduce the issue, we need information how you are incorporating a digital signature either by Aspose.PDF or some other tools or APIs.

If you are using Aspose.PDF, please share the code example along with required files. It is difficult to say what the problem is without complete information and code example. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

As soon as you get requested pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello
The steps I do are the following:
1.- I convert a pdf document to pdfA/1A.
To do this I use the convert method of the aspose.pdf dll
Dim LicWord As New Aspose.Words.License()
Dim LicPdf As New Aspose.Pdf.License()
LicWord.SetLicense(“C:\Aspose\Aspose.Words.lic”)
LicPdf.SetLicense(“C:\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf.lic”)

Dim PdfDocument As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(FicheroOrigen)

LogTemporal = Mi_C & “\log” & Format(Now, “yyyyMMddHHmmssfffff”) & “.xml”
PdfDocument.Convert(LogTemporal, Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete)
PdfDocument.Save(FicheroDestino)
2.- I sign the document with my digital certificate through the website of our signature service provider (Basque Country - Spain)
https://servicios.izenpe.com/herramientasFirma/mostrarFirmarDocumentosLote.do
3.- I open the resulting document and save as from Acrobat Reader.
At this point the signature is corrupted.

If the passage from Pdf to PdfA/1A is done with Microsoft word, the problem does not exist.

All the best

@AYTOIRUN

We have logged an investigation ticket for your case in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-52376. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.