Convert PDF to grayscale

Is there a way to convert a color PDF to grayscale. This is possible using Adobe Acrobat (http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2009/10/converting-color-pdf-to-greyscale-pdf-an-update/) but I was wondering if it possible through the Aspose.PDF library.

Hi Kerby,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid the requested feature is currently not supported. However for the sake of implementation, we already have logged it as PDFNEWNET-16222 in
our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this
requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-16222) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(17)

Thank you for implementing this feature. Unfortunately it does not appear to work in all cases yet. I’m attaching a PDF that still has a lot of color in it after converting it to grayscale using the exact same code from the example in your documentation.

Hi Kerby,

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.0.0 with following code snippet and I am able to notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have separately logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-40034 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

[C#]

using (Document document = new Document(@“c:\pdftest\13731.PDF”))<o:p></o:p>

{

Aspose.Pdf.Engine.Presentation.RgbToDeviceGrayConversionStrategy strategy = new Aspose.Pdf.Engine.Presentation.RgbToDeviceGrayConversionStrategy();

for (int idxPage = 1; idxPage <= document.Pages.Count; idxPage++)

{

Page page = document.Pages[idxPage];

strategy.Convert(page);

}

document.Save(@"c:\pdftest\16222-acrobat-device-gray.pdf");

}

Hi Did you find a solution for this?

Pradeep Parisa:
Hi Did you find a solution for this?
Hi Pradeep,

The product team has started investigating earlier reported issue but I am afraid its not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi,
We need this feature too, Did you find a solution for this at Aug 2018 for Aspose.PDF for .Net 18.7?

Thanks,
JP

@JP99

We have responded to your related query in this forum thread. You may please try our suggestions and report issue in respective thread (if you face any while trying the suggested code snippets).