Convert PDF to PDF/A and vice versa?

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if there is any chance I can convert a PDF file to PDF/A or a PDF/A file to PDF?
The resulting must not be images, but textual PDF files.

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I’m sorry to inform you that both of these features are currently not supported by Aspose.Pdf.Kit; however, we have logged these new feature requests as PDFKITNET-10208 (PDF to PDF/A conversion) and PDFKITNET-20007 (PDF/A to PDF conversion) in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into these requirements and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once they’re supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Martin,

Our development team has looked into your requirements. We’ll be working to PDF to PDF/A conversion; however, as far as PDF/A to PDF is concerned, I’m afraid, this is not making much sense, as a PDF/A file is already a PDF file. Could you please elaborate this requirement in detail? Under what circumstances you would be requiring this kind of conversion facility?

Please share your thoughts in detail. If you find any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello Shahzad,

Thank you for considering the PDF -> PDF/A conversion. We would consider a PDF/A -> PDF conversion important for us as a PDF/A file is larger than a PDF file. This is because it needs to include fonts and some other things which are important for long time archiving. However, when sending a PDF file by e-mail the fonts may not be included (e.g. for legal/copyright reasons). Therefore, a conversion from PDF/A to PDF would be an important feature for us.

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for sharing your scenario and requirement in detail. I have updated our development team and we’ll further investigate your requirement. You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-10208;PDFNEWNET-10208;PDFNEWNET-10208) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)