Convert PDF to PDF/A in C# using Aspose.PDF - output dont pass validation test

Hi,

We are converting next pdf files 1741_input.pdf (701.7 KB), 1728_input.pdf (1.3 MB) to PDF/A-1b using Aspose.Pdf 17.9.

Result files (1741_output.pdf (730.7 KB), 1728_output.pdf (2.8 MB)) dont pass validation.

Best Regards,
Yurii

@uaprogrammer,
We managed to replicate the problem of validation failure on the Preflight. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as follows:

File name: 1728_input.pdf
PDFNET-43472: PDF to PDF/A-1b - the output PDF does not pass validation

File name: 1741_input.pdf
PDFNET-43473: PDF to PDF/A-1b - the output PDF does not pass validation

We have linked your post to these tickets and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-43473) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.10.

I had the same problem, and now with version 19.10 it works. But now I have another problem because when I digitally sign the document with infocert, the PDF contained in the generated p7m file does not appear to be compliant.
For example on the PTT portal (Processo Tributario Telematico (PTT) - SIGIT - Giustizia Tributaria) the PDF/A-1b extracted from p7m File, does not pass validation.Documentazione.zip (4.7 MB)

Please, can you help me ?
Alessio

@SAPwCitaly

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please elaborate the steps to reproduce this issue with Aspose.PDF for .NET API and how are you testing the validation so that we may investigate further.

• The original file not PDF/A is "1 - ExampleFilePDF.pdf"

• Through the Aspose.PDF library for .NET 19.10 we get the file “2- ExampleFilePDF.pdf” in PDF / A 1b valid for PTT Portal (https://www.giustiziatributaria.gov.it/gt/web/guest/processo-tributario -telematico-pTT-sigit)

• Through the INFOCERT API we sign the document and get file "3 - ExampleFilePDF.pdf.p7m"

• Through the Dike GoSign program we extract the signed PDF file and obtain the file "4 - ExampleFilePDF.pdf"

• The file “4 - ExampleFilePDF.pdf” does not appear to be compliant as PDF / A on the PTT portal (https://www.giustiziatributaria.gov.it/gt/web/guest/processo-tributario-telematico-ptt-sigit).

Attached all the files.
FIles.zip (7.1 MB)

@SAPwCitaly

Would you please help us narrow down the problem as the problem can be related to PDF only if the PDF/A1b generated at second step is not valid. So kindly share if 2- ExampleFilePDF.pdf is PDF/A compliant or not? Please also share the code snippet you are using for this conversion.

Hi, the file “2- ExampleFilePDF.pdf” is PDF/A compliant.
I have attached the file conversion code
CodeConvertFilePDF.zip (1017 Bytes)

@SAPwCitaly

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Since the file generated at step 2 with Aspose.PDF for .NET API is PDF/A compliant, and further modifications are made be 3rd party tools. So probably the reason lies with those tools because Aspose.PDF API is related until secong step. Moreover, you may also test the same with a PDF/A file generated by Adobe Acrobat and then notice if issue reproduces or not.

Hi,
I tried to do the same operations starting from a PDF / A generated by a word file (save as PDF, options PDF / A). In this case, the PDF extracted from the P7M file, is PDF/A compliant. I attach the P7M files generated one starting from a PDF / A created with Aspose and one starting from a PDF / A generated by a word file.

Thank you for your kind support.
Documentazione.zip (2.8 MB)

@SAPwCitaly

Thank you for the details.

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFNET-47199 in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Would you be so kind to provide us with status on the PDFNET-47199 issue?

Best regards,

Oleh

@uaprogrammer

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please note that PDFNET-47199 has been logged few weeks ago under free support model and will be investigated on first come first serve basis. Therefore, it may take some months to resolve. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding ticket resolution, we will let you know.

Furthermore, we also offer paid support model where issues are resolved on urgent basis and have priority over the issues logged under free support model. You may check our Paid Support options for your reference.

Hi,

Do you have any updates regarding this issue?

BR
Oleh

@uaprogrammer

Regretfully the issue is not yet resolved due to other high priority issues in the queue. However, we will surely let you know as soon as there is some update in this regard. Please spare us some time.

Hello,

We are wondering whether there are any updates regarding the issue in Aspose?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Oleh

@uaprogrammer

We are sad to inform you that the tickets PDFNET-43472 and PDFNET-47199 are not yet resolved and their investigation is not yet done. We will inform you within this forum thread as soon as we have some updates in this regard. Please give us some time.

Hello,

We are wondering whether there are any updates regarding the issue in Aspose?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Oleh

@uaprogrammer

We are afraid that we do not have any update regarding resolution of the issues i.e. PDFNET-43472 and PDFNET-47199. However, we will let you know in this forum thread as soon as they are fixed. We highly appreciate your patience in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,

Could you please share an update regarding the issues PDFNET-43472 and PDFNET-47199 ?

Thanks,
Anna