Converting “normal” PDF to PDF/A results in filesize about factor 6. This is critical for our application. I saw the same topic before, but I like to know the status.
Can you please share sample file and links of the related topic that you found? We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.
Here is also one of the issues I found:
Can you please check the attached PDF document that was generated using below code snippet and 21.10 version of the API?
Document doc = new Document(dataDir + "Rechnung.pdf"); PdfFormatConversionOptions opts = new PdfFormatConversionOptions(dataDir + "logFile1.Txt", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete); opts.setOptimizeFileSize(false); opts.setTransparencyAction(ConvertTransparencyAction.Default); opts.setConvertSoftMaskAction(ConvertSoftMaskAction.ConvertToStencilMask); doc.convert(opts); doc.optimize(); opts.setOptimizeFileSize(true); doc.convert(opts); doc.save(dataDir + "optimizefilesize.pdf");
optimizefilesize.pdf (240.6 KB)
Please check the attached document and let us know in case you notice some issue in it.
Thank you for the solution. I tested it with some files and it works.
Files were 1 page, 20 pages, 500 pages. This worked.
My last test is running: a pdf with 26000 pages. Need time, but I hope also, this will succeed.
Sure, please take your time to test the scenario and feel free to share sample file with us in case you face any issues.