Convert PDF to SVG - Word spacing isssue

I’m converting PDF to SVG using Aspose PDF. I’m seeing the spacing between words and within words is not correct, it is odd/random spacing.

I have tried installing truetype fonts and set the fonts path, still no use.
Attaching the sample SVG were I see the issue. The issue is much more visible in some of our internal documents, but cannot post those documents here.<a class=“attachment” pdf-sample.pdf (7.8 KB)

@sparamesh,

We have converted your source PDF document with the latest version 18.4 of Aspose.PDF for .NET API, and the output SVG looks fine. This is the output SVG document: PDFToSVG_out.zip (65.1 KB). If you can find any issue, then please highlight the problematic area with the help of a snapshot.

Hi Imran,
Thank you for your reply. The SVG output you posted looks good.

I’m using Aspose PDF for Jave 17.8 and still the same issue. Can you post your code snippet on how you are doing your conversion and also how you are setting the fonts path.

We are eagerly looking forward to renew our license and also expand the usage.

Thanks
Shruthi

@sparamesh,

We have tested your scenario with the latest version 18.4 of Aspose.PDF for Java API and managed to replicate the problem of incorrect spacing. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFJAVA-37692 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. This is the output SVG: output18.4_Java.zip (65.2 KB)

Thanks Imran.

I see your output has word spacing issue, but still not the same as my output. Can you please still paste your code snippet that you used? Also where can I find the lastest version 18.4? I just downloaded yesterday and still see it as 17.6 version.

As per your previous comment, this is not an issue with .Net version of Aspose PDF, does that mean it will be a quick fix in Java? I’m just trying to look for a timeline as to when this bug will be fixed.

As mentioned earlier we are eagerly waiting to renew our contract and increase the usage.

Thanks
Shruthi

@sparamesh,

This is the download link: Download Aspose.PDF for Java 18.4 API

This is the source code:
Java

String dataDir = "C:\\Pdf\\test808\\";
Document document = new Document(dataDir + "pdf-sample.pdf");
// Instantiate XPS Save options
XpsSaveOptions saveOptions = new XpsSaveOptions();		
// Save the XPS document
document.save(dataDir + "output18.4.svg", SaveFormat.Svg);

The latest version of Aspose.PDF for .NET API works fine. However, it is difficult to share an estimate before the completion of the analysis phase. We will notify you once it is fixed. Besides this, we recommend our clients to post their critical issues (or ticket IDs) in the paid support forum. Please refer to this helping link: Aspose support options

hey, any news on this issue ?
We have same issue with spacing, java17. I test on macosx but we will use it on linux
added part of the pdf and svg result

pdf2svg.zip (1.2 MB)

@robvanderboom

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved due to its complex nature. It is blocked by other dependent issues. We have opened a new ticket as PDFJAVA-43334 dedicated to your case and have linked it with this forum thread. You will surely receive a notification as soon as it is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.