Convert PDF to Word using Multithreading in C#

I am evaluating your solution and while trying PDF to Word conversion I have found that it runs on a single thread and use only one CPU core. Is it possible to adjust code to run on several cores to increase conversion speed for large files?

@marekopanas

Please note that Aspose.PDF is a multithreaded safe API which means you can use it in multithreaded environment as long as one document is being converted in one thread. In other words, only one thread should access one document at a time in order to obtain expected results.

Please also note that a lot of code rework is required in order to support complete multithreading in the API. A feature request as PDFNET-51348 has been logged in our issue tracking system for the sake of its implementation. We have linked the ticket ID with this thread so that you will receive a notification once it is added.

I wanted to say that utilizing all CPU Cores(not one like it is now) would increase conversion speed greatly for PDF to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint conversions. Do I correctly understand that this feature is on your to-do list? I can’t view PDFNET-51348 issue which you reference.

@marekopanas

You concerns have been noted under the earlier logged ticket. Yes, we do have a plan to add this feature in future. However, we cannot share any promising timeline yet. The ticket has been logged in our internal issue management system and you cannot access it. We will keep you posted about its resolution status in this forum thread. Please spare us some time.