Convert PPT to PDF Using Aspose.Slides for Java: Output File Size Is Too Large

Hello,

i am trying to convert a PowerPoint file to an PDF, but the generated PDF is bigger than the one which is generated with the normal PowerPoint application.

Is it possible to generate the PDF with aspose slides in same quality and same size like PowerPoint does?

I am using the latest version of aspose slides and metafiles.

Attached files:
- test_1.ppt Powerpoint test File. Filesize: 1.4 MB
- test_1_aspose.pdf Generated from Aspose Slides. Filesize: 1.6 MB
- test_1_powerpoint.pdf Generated from Powerpoint. Filesize: 0.5 MB

Java Code:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(inputStream);
PdfOptions opts = new PdfOptions();

opts.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);

opts.setTextCompression(PdfTextCompression.FLATE);
opts.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_15);

pres.save(outputStream, SaveFormat.PDF, opts);

thanks for reply
vland

Dear Vland,

I have worked with the source presentation and have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you. It needs further investigation by our development team and for that an issue with ID 21841 has been created in our issue tracking system for necessary investigation. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

anything new about this issue?

thanks
vland

Hi Vland,

I regret to share that the issue specified has not been resolve yet. However, I have requested our development team to share the updated status of the issue. As soon as some information is shared by them, I will be obliged to share that with you.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Vland,

I have received response from our development team. Actually, Aspose.Slides export images from presentation to PDF with the same quality as it is stored in PPT/PPTX files. PowerPoint optimizes images to make it smaller and reduce quality. So for presentations with many images, the size of generated PDF file is almost the same as source presentation. The presentations with text are usually converted to PDF with a smaller size because there is zip compression used in PDF. Hope it answers your query.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21841) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-21841) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@aspose.notifier @mudassir.fayyaz
Has this issue been fixed yet? I am facing similar issues with Aspose Slides 23.8 and the link u have shared in “this update” is not working.

@aanshu,
Thank you for contacting support.

Please create a new forum thread and describe the issue you are experiencing. Then we will do our best to help you.