Convert Save As DML Diagram Organization Chart in Word DOCX Document to PDF using C# .NET Code

After reading issues WORDSNET-4987 and 7396, I thought the smartart graphics like the Organization Chart would be saved to PDF from aspose.words version 11.11, but I tried it with an Organization Chart using version 13.4 and it shows up blank in the resulting pdf.
Is there a way to save an Organization Chart (SmartArt in Word) correctly to PDF using aspose?

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document and output PDF document showing the undesired behaviour here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thank you for your support. Please find attached word and resulting pdf.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry. With Aspose.Words v13.4.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I have attached the PDF file i.e. generated on my side here for your reference. Moreover, could you please double check if you are using the latest version (13.4.0) on your side? You can dynamically check if you’re referencing the correct DLL by using the following code snippet:

System.Reflection.Assembly[] assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies();
foreach (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly in assemblies)
{
    System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyName = assembly.GetName();
    if (assemblyName.Name.Contains("Aspose.Words"))
        Console.WriteLine("Aspose.Words Version Number: " + assemblyName.Version.ToString());
}

Also, you can download the latest version from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thanks for the reply. You are right that with the 13.4 it works for the (almost) empty word document and I was using 11.1. Problem is that the real document still does not show the organization chart even with 13.4, but it is a clients’ document and I cannot put it out publicly. How can I send this privately so you can investigate it?

Regards,

Jim

Hello Awais,

I managed to create a small example document out of the full report and attached both input and result again. Even with 13.4 version the pdf does not show the smartart.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the additional information. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8262. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Do you have any update on this issue? It is blocking my release at the moment, so if there is anything I can do to help or if you have a workaround please let me know.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, the implementation of the fix to this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as Aspose.Words supports ‘cold rendering’ of OOXML diagrams. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I have also intimated our development team of your concern and will update you as soon as I have extra information or workaround.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Can you give me update on this ticket?
Any progress or possible planning?

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for being patient. Unfortunately, there is no further news about this issue. We will keep you informed of any developments and let you know once it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS: If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of these issues directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum - https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6*

Best regards,