Convert Save in Word 97-2003 DOC Format Java | Disable features introduced after Microsoft Word 97

Hello,
We would like to use Aspose.Words for Java (latest release) for document conversion.
I looked at the “LoadFormat” and “SaveFormat” classes to have a clear overview of supported formats.
I have a question regarding the “.doc” format which corresponds to “Microsoft Word 97-2003 document”. I would like to know is there is an option in Aspose that allows to distinguish between Word 97 and Word 2003 binary formats?
I know that it is still binary word document. But there are some features that are supported in Word 2003 and that weren’t supported in Word 97, like nested tables for example. And we have a requirement to be able to convert to Word 97 format specifically.
MS Word has an option “Disable features introduced after Microsoft Word 97” when saving a document. When this option is enabled, formatting that isn’t supported in Word 97 is removed and replaced with formatting that is supported.
We would like to know is there is an equivalent option in Aspose.Words for Java.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Valérie Schneider

Hi Valérie,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, there is no such option in Aspose.Words. However, I think, you can perform pre-processing of your documents before saving them and remove/replace features that are not supported in MS Word 97.
Best regards,