Convert Tamil Language Text in Word DOC to PDF using C# .NET | Tamil Translation | HarfBuzz

Hi I have word document template with tamil language translation inside. When my application convert the document. doc.save(FilePath) to pdf format. it change the tamil format. May I know how to retain the format after doc.save?

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words 15.1.0 from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

In case the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document and output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

I just try to use the latest aspose.words 15.1.0, but the problem still persist. Please kindly take a look the word document and the output pdf. I highlighted in yellow for one of the differences.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 15.1.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-11477. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi

May I know what is the progress and status for below issue?

WORDSNET-11477

Thanks
Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. Tamil language requires support of advanced typographic features, and these features are not supported by Aspose.Words at the moment. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi ,

Thanks for your finding and analysis, But can help to share your estimated date for the implementation of the fix, so we can share this info to our client as well?

appreciate your finding and reply

Thanks
Regards
Feri Gunawan

Hi Feri,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Aspose,

Is almost 9 months from the last posted query. May I know if you have any new update? Is possible to share the ETA for the issue again?

Best Regards,
Feri Gunawan

Hi Feri,

Thanks for being patient. I am afraid, we cannot provide any reliable ETA at the moment, since none of the advanced typography features required for Tamil language are currently supported by Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

@Feri,

The source Word document can now be rendered correctly with the help of the Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz nuget package:

var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document("template.doc");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz.HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
doc.Save(@"output.pdf");

Please refer to following article for more information.

The PDF file generated using the above code (after applying the fix on our end) is also attached here for your reference:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11477) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.8 update.