Convert TIFF + OCR text to Searchable PDF

Hi, we have just purchased an Aspose Words .NET OEM licence and I am keen to explore whether Aspose Words is able to convert TIFF (with OCR text available) into PDF which is searchable.

Traditionally, converting TIFF to PDF would appear as an Image and the challenge is to “merge” OCR text to PDF -> to make it searchable.

Please share if this can be achieved.

Thanks,
Omkar Udipi
Project Manager

Hi Omkar,

Please accept my apologies for late response.

Thanks for your inquiry. We are checking this scenario and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Omkar,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m representative of Aspose.Pdf and would like to share that one can easily convert Tiff to Pdf but creation of searchable Pdf is not supported yet. However, we have a plan to implement this feature in future. I’ve linked your request to the feature request, PDFNEWNET-29755. You will be notified as soon as it gets available.

Best Regards,

Hi Omkar,

Thanks for your patience. I am representative of Aspose.Words team.

Further to my last post, please note that Aspose.Word tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. Aspose.Words just renders a document to a fixed page format (to a TIFF/PNG/JPEG) and attempts to make it looks exactly like MS Word renders this document.

Regarding searchable Pdf, please check my colleague’s reply from here. If you are facing any issue regarding OCR, please post your query at Aspose.OCR forum.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29755) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(4)