Convert VSD to PDF/PNG using Aspose.Diagram for .NET - Additional white space on top of generated image/PDF

We have problems with some visio drawings when saving them as image or pdf.
Aspose adds some additional white space on the top of the drawing.

I put an example drawing (VisioProc_in.vsd) and the generated output (aspose_out.pdf + aspose_out.png) into the attached zip file.

Used code:
Diagram visio = new Diagram(basepath + “VisioProc_in.vsd”);
visio.Save(basepath + “aspose_out.pdf”, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
visio.Save(basepath + “aspose_out.png”, SaveFileFormat.PNG);

The zip file also contains the results when saving the visio drawing directly from MS Visio as PDF or PNG (visio_output.pdf + visio_output.png) where is no additional space on top.

The version of Aspose.Diagramm is 3.9.0.0.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Hi Christian,

Thank you for contacting support. I managed to replicate the problem of white space on the top of Visio drawing. I’ve logged these issues as follows:

DIAGRAMNET-50095 - VSD to PDF conversion, a big space on the top of actual drawing
DIAGRAMNET-50096 - VSD to PNG conversion, a big space on the top of actual drawing

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50095;DIAGRAMNET-50096) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

there are still some problems with complex drawings where Aspose is not able to keep orginal layout when saving them as image or pdf.
I attached two examples with the generated Aspose output.
I used the latest version (Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.0.0).

Kid regards

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’ve tested your sample Visio drawings against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram 4.0.0. I managed to replicate the problem of addition white space. I’ve logged these issues as follows:

File Name: Example1.vsd
DIAGRAMNET-50105 - VSD to PDF conversion, additional white space on the left side of actual drawing
DIAGRAMNET-50106 - VSD to PNG conversion, additional white space on the left side of actual drawing

File Name: Example2.vsd
DIAGRAMNET-50107 - VSD to PDF conversion, additional white space on the top of actual drawing
DIAGRAMNET-50108 - VSD to PNG conversion, additional white space on the top of actual drawing

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50105;DIAGRAMNET-50106) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi Christian,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50108 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then these fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.5.0. Its release date is not final yet. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50108) have been fixed in this update.

Hi,

although I can confirm that the current version (4.5.0.0) solved the problems for some of our documents there are still some which are not converted correctly.
I attached a sample drawing and the generated PNG/PDF where is still added some additional white space to the left and right of the drawing.

Regards
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thank you for sharing problematic Visio drawing. We managed to replicate the said issues as follows:

DIAGRAMNET-50301 - VSD to PDF export, extra white space on the left and right side of the drawing
DIAGRAMNET-50302 - VSD to PNG export, extra white space on the left and right side of the drawing

This forum thread has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50301 and DIAGRAMNET-50302 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then these fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.6.0. Its release date is not final yet. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50301;DIAGRAMNET-50302) have been fixed in this update.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50107 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 5.0.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50107) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.