Convert Word doc to PDF - Underlined text

I'm using Aspose PDF for .NET version 3.9 and Aspose Word for .NET version 6.01.

After converting a word document to pdf, the underlines for text is not smooth like in the word document. In the resulting pdf, the underline is broken where there are spaces in the text that is supposed to be underlined.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Telling you frankly, generating a Pdf file identical as the input word file, is quiet difficult task. Our development team is working hard to improve this feature.

Regarding broken underline issue, I’ve tested it with one of my sample word files and I am unable to reproduce the problem.

Please share the resource word file that you are using so that we can test the issue at our end.

Please see attached sample word doc.

Hi,

I have tested the issue at my end and found that problem of broken undeline exists. I'll have to contact the development team to figure out the reason or fix for the problem. We'll inform you as we find the resolution.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Hi,

In our investigation, the issue may be in Aspose.Words. As Aspose.Words might be missing to add
IsUnderline attribute in the space. I have asked aspose words team to look into this thread. They will reply to you soon.

Best regards.

Hello!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’m Viktor, the developer on Aspose.Words Team responsible for integration with Aspose.Pdf. Our colleagues asked me to take a look on your case with missing underlining.

I have reproduced this and created a new issue WORDSNET-<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />7356 in our defect database. We’ll notify you as soon as it’s fixed. Please expect a reply in a few days, with the very next release. I already see how the problem can be fixed.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7356) have been fixed in this update.