Convert Word document to HTML

Hi, when I convert a Word file to HTML it adds indents to all List Paragraphs. I tried to use the methods in Aspose.Words.Paragraph to adjust the Word file so that there would not be additional indents in the conversion to HTML without success.
The goal is to export the Word file to HTML and import it to Word several times so that no unnecessary indents are added. I am attaching images of a section of the original file, and an image after we exported to HTML and imported to Word. Just pointing out that indentations are added when converting to HTML. Thank you for your help, Rotem
After exporting to HTML

Before exporting to HTML

@Rotem_Rokah can you please attach your source (doc, docx) document.

@Rotem_Rokah I saw that you posted a file and then deleted that post, can I use that file as sample file or not?

Yes, thank you

1 Like

Can I send you this file in private chat? Maybe via email?

@Rotem_Rokah The files you post here are only accessible by Aspose support staff, so it’s pretty safe to post files here. Also, I already downloaded the file in the post that you deleted, so I have it in case you plan to upload the same file again.

1 Like

@Rotem_Rokah I was testing with the document that you attached. I can see the extra indent added to the document when you open the HTML file with the MS Word app. However, the same happens if you save the document in HTML format using the MS Word application and then open that file. Therefore, it is actually expected behavior, this is how MS Word renders HTML. Point that, if you load the HTML file and save it as a docx document using the Aspose.Words API, that extra indentation will disappear.

Additionally, please note that Aspose.Words is designed to work with MS Word documents. The HTML document and MS Word document object models are quite different, and it is not always possible to provide 100% fidelity when converting from one format to another. (You can learn more about exporting to HTML here).