Convert Word DOCX Document to PDF/UA using C# .NET or Java | PDF Compliance PDF/UA Supported?

Hi!
I know that this topic is over one year old but I need to know if the issue **PDFNET-47438 ** has been resolved. I too have to convert docx to PDF/UA.

Thank you
Michael

@masteriou,

I have moved your post into a new thread. The implementation of the fix of PDFNET-47438 has been postponed for now.

Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-6614 [related to converting DOCX to PDF/UA]) and you will be notified via this thread as soon as this feature will be supported in future. . Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you, Is there any indication how long it might take to implement this feature? 2021? Later?
Thank you

@masteriou,

Unfortunately, PDF/UA support is currently not in our roadmap; so, there is not any ETA available at the moment. However, most of the PDF/UA requirements related to the document content coincides with the other accessibility requirements like PDF/A-1a, PDF/A-2a, Section 508 and general best practices of building PDF output with logical structure which Aspose.Words tries to follow. So, if you have any particular issues with Aspose.Words generated PDF output, please report them and we may address them earlier.

Hi!
The problem is, that after exporting a perfectly tagged docx (checked with axesPDF) the resulting PDF is barely tagged at all. I’m using PAC3 (Homepage - "Access for all" foundation) to test for PDF/UA compatibility and when using the screenreader-preview, you can see, that the document preview is empty.

I attached the original Word-document, one PDF exported with axesPDF (this is a Word-AddIn and can not be used in a server-based solution), one converted with Aspose.Words and one where I converted the Aspose.Words-PDF with Aspose.PDF into PDF/UA-Format:

pdfDocument.Convert(new MemoryStream(), PdfFormat.PDF_UA_1, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

PDFUA-Test.zip (1.2 MB)

Thank you very much.
Michael

@masteriou,

We have logged your requirement/concern in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-21735. We will further look into the details of this and will keep you updated here on the status of this ticket.

@masteriou,

Regarding WORDSNET-21735, we have completed the analysis of this issue and concluded to close this issue with “not a bug” status. Please use following options:

• ExportDocumentStructure = true - to include logical structure into Aspose.Words PDF output
  • DisplayDocTitle = true - to display document title in windows title
  • Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1b/PdfCompliance.PdfA1a - to include XMP metadata

There may be few more issues reported by PAC 3 and you may create a separate thread to address those particular issues.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6614) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.1 update also available on NuGet.