Convert Word DOCX Document to PDF with Thai Text Formatted with Different Fonts | C# .NET

Dear Aspose,

I converted DOCX file using Aspose Word for .NET version 21.6, but the result is different. (See image below). The problem is due to the font is different to the original file.

image.png (77.7 KB)

I also attached, original .docx file, .pdf file (converted by MS Word), and .pdf file (converted by ASPOSE).

Doc.docx (22.8 KB)
Doc_ConvertByMS.pdf (195.8 KB)
Doc_ConvertByAspose.pdf (133.5 KB)

Please suggest me if there is anything wrong with my code.

code_01.jpeg (57.6 KB)

code_02.jpeg (18.1 KB)

Best Regards,
Chokchai L,

@dietcheesecake,

Please make sure that the following fonts are installed on your machine:

• Angsana New
  • MMC OFFICE
  • Tahoma
  • Calibri
  • Verdana

Can you please ZIP and attach MMC OFFICE font file here for further testing on our end? Also, please provide a comparison screenshot highlighting (encircle) the specific problematic area(s) in Aspose.Words generated output PDF and attach it here for our reference.

Hi Awais,

As I investigated with many test cases, I think the problem is not due to font issue. Please take a look at the screenshot in the attached file. MSWord-AsposePDF-MSWordPDF.png (782.3 KB)

I have 3 screen comparing between original Microsoft Word vs PDF (converted using ASPOSE .Net) vs PDF (converted using Microsoft Word). It seems that it tried to add extra line break when switching from English to Thai language. I hope this information is helpful for your further investigation.

I’m using Aspose.Words for .NET v21.6.0 and Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz v21.6.0.

Best Regards,
Chokchai L,

@dietcheesecake,

For the sake of correction in Aspose.Words API, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSNET-22369. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Awais,

Do you have any progress on this issue?

Best Regards,

Chokchai L,

@dietcheesecake,

I have verified the status of WORDSNET-22369 from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that the implementation of this issue has been postponed till a later date and there aren’t any estimates (ETA) available at the moment. We will inform you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future and apologize for any inconvenience.