Convert Word to PDF 1.7 Format Standard | Default PDF Format Type | Set PDF Standards Compliance Level using C#

Hi Team,

I am using Aspose PDF to convert MS Word documents to PDF.

I would like to know what is the format type of the resulting PDF file. Is it PDF/A?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411,

I like to inform that you need to use Aspose.Words to convert words documents to PDF. You can convert PDF document to word by using Aspose.PDF. Please check article PDF to DOC as well.

Hi Team,

Yes, I meant that I use Aspose.Words to convert words documents to PDF. But my question is to know the format type of the resulting PDF file that is created by Aspose.

For PDF files, there are various formats such as PDF/A -1, PDF/A-2, PDF/UA etc. What is the format of the PDF file created after the word to PDF conversion by aspose?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411,

Aspose.Words provides the PdfCompliace enumeration to support the conversion of Word document to various PDF format standards (such as PDF 1.7, PDF 1.5, etc.).

It can be specified via PdfSaveOptions class when rendering.
The default value is Pdf17.

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.Write("Some text");

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
Console.WriteLine(opts.Compliance.ToString()); // lets see what's the default value? It should be Pdf17
// opts.Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1b; // optionally change it from Pdf17 to PdfA1b            

doc.Save("E:\\Temp\\20.3.pdf", opts);