Convert XFA to AcroForm and Flatten PDF using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hi,

I have a PDF that is dynamic (FormType is Dynamic) that I would like to flatten and save with a FormType of Standard.

Is this something I can change/set within the Aspose.Pdf product?

Thanks
Trent

Hi Trent,

Thanks for using our products.

From Dynamic forms, if you mean to convert Dynamic XFA form to Static PDF Acro form, I am afraid this feature is currently not supported. However for the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-33920 in our issue tracking system. The development team is looking into the details of this requirement and as soon we have made some progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Besides this, if you need to flatten the fields of static Acroform, please follow the instructions specified over Flatten All Fields in an Existing PDF File (Facades)

Hi Nayyer,

Thanks for the prompt response. Can you advise if XFA forms are supported at all? I would like to be able to render these to an image file, however all I get is a single page in the PDF with an image that says please wait… I have attached the image for your reference.

Thanks
Trent

Hi Trent,

Since the XFA form contents are created/rendered at run-time/during form load and when using JpegDevice or any other approach to convert the XFA to Image, nothing appears on resultant image because no objects are created. Before the XFA form is converted to image format, it needs to be converted to Static form. Nevertheless, I have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-34813 in our issue tracking system. We
will further look into the details of this requirement/feature and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, the text over image file shows that no objects are created and an attempt to convert the file to Image file is made.

Hi Trent,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that the feature requested earlier to convert Dynamic XFA form to Standard AcroForm has been accomplished in latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.9.0. Please try using the following code snippet to fulfill your requirement.

In case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

[C#]

// load dynamic XFA form<o:p></o:p>

Document document = new Document("source.pdf");

// set the form fields type as standard AcroForm

document.Form.Type = FormType.Standard;

// save the resultant PDF

document.Save(“converted_Static.pdf”);

Hello codewarior is not online. Last active: 05-29-2013, 7:02 AM Nayyer

I have tried to convert a dynamic pdf document into a Standard one, as you explaned. But I get always two pages, the first one and an empty other one.

Is it not possible to convert a dynamic pdf with many pages to convert?

I get the same issue, if I try to convert all pages into Images.

Even if the original pdf has 33 pages, the aspose Document-Object showes only a Count of one!

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note there is no limitation on number of pages while converting dynamic PDF to standard PDF. Can you please share your sample document here? So we will test it at our end and will provide you more information accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Hello Tilal

Thank you for your Response. At the Moment I cannot share the document, because it is one of my customer and it is classified.

But I did some Investigation and could see that the XML-Body only have one page. The following 32 pages are created using JavaScript.

Is there any Chance to take a snapshot of all the 33 pages?

thanks and regards

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your feedback. If you feel convenient then we can make the post as private so only you and Aspose staff will have access to it or you can share the document via email using contact tab. I’m afraid, with out looking into it we can’t suggest you any thing.

Moreover, Can you please double check the license implementation? As the issue can be because of expired license or no license. If its the case you can request for 30 days temporary license to test the scenario. Hopefully your issue will be resolved.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Best Regards,

<o:p></o:p>

Hi Tital,

Have you made any progress in relation to this issue reported by Bruno as I too am experiencing the same.

Have also found there are some layout inconsistencies with the conversion from dynamic to standard

Regards
Trent
Hi Trent,

Thanks for your inquiry.

tcromer:

Have you made any progress in relation to this issue reported by Bruno as I too am experiencing the same.

I'm afraid above reported issue, PDFNEWNET-34813, is still not resolved completed. Our development team is looking into the issue and We will update you as soon as it is resolved.

tcromer:
Have also found there are some layout inconsistencies with the conversion from dynamic to standard

Can you please share some more detail of inconsistencies and share sample PDF form here? So we will investigate it at our end and will provide you more information accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34813) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.