Convert XFA to AcroForm using Aspose.PDF for .NET - output file is not correct

Hi,

We are using a lot of XFA forms which we created with Adobe LiveCycle Designer. In our application we sometimes need to print these forms. I'm trying to do this with the aspose.pdf and followed instructions from this page:

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfnet/Convert+Dynamic+XFA+form+to+Standard+AcroForm

However, when i save the form as instructed above and retrieve the file it has the page where is says: Please wait... if this message is not eventually replace by... etc etc.

My code:
Dim pdfdoc As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(xfa_filename)
pdfdoc.Form.Type = FormType.Standard
pdfdoc.Save(new_filename)

What am i missing?
Regards, Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the XFA form so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

I send you a private mail with the form.

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.1 and have observed that ArgumentException is being generated when trying to convert XFA form to Standard AcroForm. For
the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-36942. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.
We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Can you please share which version of API you are using because you have specified that you were able to convert XFA to Standard form and getting issue while printing the PDF.

Hi,

We are using version 9.2.1.

Kind regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. From your first post in this thread, you have stated that when you attempted to convert XFA to Standard AcroForm, a message is appearing on first page, which indicates that you managed to convert the file. However the resultant file was not correct.

Whereas during my testing, I am getting an exception. Can you please share some details regarding your working environment i.e. OS version, .NET Framework version etc.

Hi,

The issue occurs both in the development environment as in de production environment.

Development environment:
VB.Net Professional 2013
.Net 4 framework
Windows 7 Ultimate
SQL Server 2008R2

Production environment:
Windows 2008R2 servers
SQL Server 2008R2
Cliënt: pc with windows 7 or Citrix XenApp
.Net 4 framework

I hope that’s everything. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

XFA is an XML format and contents are rendered during PDF display. Therefore if you try to convert the pages of XFA to Image format, you will only get a first page stating Please wait… if this message is not eventually replace by… etc etc. So as you have followed, the correct approach to print an XFA form is to first convert it to Standard AcroForm format and then try printing the document. But during our testing, we have encountered an exception during the conversion process. The development team will further look into this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi,

Can you give me an update on this issue plz?
Our project is going live in 2 weeks. This issue will present us with problems since a lot of XFA forms will be processed with Aspose.pdf.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue is still not resolved due to other priority issues. However we have recorded your concern and requested our development team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your patience. The development team has further investigated the issue PDFNEWNET-36942 reported earlier and I am afraid due to complexity of this problem and high priority of other issues, this problem is not resolved. However, I have asked the team to share any possible ETA. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your patience.

As per our current estimates, we plan to get this issue resolved by September-2014. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi Jacob,

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and due to its complexity, we plan to get this problem resolved in October-2014 and fix will be included in November release. Please be patient and wait for the resolution.

Hi Jacob,

I have further discussed the scenario with development team and I am afraid due to complexity of earlier reported issue, I am afraid the problem cannot be resolved in current month and the new ETA is Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.0.0 which is planned to release in January-2015. Please be patient and wait for the resolution.

Your comprehension is greatly esteemed in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36942) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.