Convert XFA to Dynamic AcroForm using Aspose.PDF for .NET - Filled values are lost and concatenation issue

Hi all,
Using Aspose.Pdf v17.9 when I attempt to concatenate an XFA based PDF with non XFA based PDFs, the data from the XFA based PDF is not included in the final document.AcroForms.2.pdf (131.0 KB)
AcroForms.1.pdf (146.3 KB)
Original.XfaBased.pdf (464.4 KB)

The core of the code I’m using is based on this:
pdfEditor.Concatenate(listStream.ToArray(), stream);

Additional information:
All attempts I made to convert the original Xfa Pdf to an Acro Forms based PDF have failed.
These include the Pdf.Convert methods, and the Pdf doc.RemovePdfaCompliancemethod.

The user story I’m trying to meet, is to concatenate the above three Pdfs into one document and maintain all the data originally entered into each Pdf.

Any help with this = greatly appreciated.

Note:
This is repro of an early forum entry I created, but one that I’m not able to re-open.

-Mark.

@mpoole

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario by using DOM (Document Object Model) approach, as it is recommended approach, and observed two issues.

a) The filled values were lost, when we tried to convert XFA forms to Standard Acro Forms, by following code snippet.

Document pdfDocument1 = new Document(dataDir + "Original.XfaBased.pdf");
pdfDocument1.Form.Type = FormType.Standard;

b) Concatenation of three PDF documents failed and output remains same as “Original.XfaBased.pdf”.

Document pdfDocument1 = new Document(dataDir + "Original.XfaBased.pdf");
Document pdfDocument2 = new Document(dataDir + "AcroForms.1.pdf");
Document pdfDocument3 = new Document(dataDir + "AcroForms.2.pdf");

pdfDocument1.Pages.Add(pdfDocument2.Pages);
pdfDocument1.Pages.Add(pdfDocument3.Pages);
pdfDocument1.Save(dataDir + "ConcatenatedFile_out.pdf");

Hence, we have logged two issues as PDFNET-43439 and PDFNET-43440 respectively, in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you informed with the status of their rectification. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi guy,

Do you have any update on those issues?

@bichdieu1011

Regretfully there are no updates yet regarding resolution of logged issues. We will surely post in this forum thread as soon as they are resolved. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.