Convert .xls to .xlsx file (xls file being generated using xlst file)

Hello team,

Previously we have generated .xls files using the xlst schema file, its been working fine.
As our new requirement we wanted to generated xlsx file using xlst schema. Is their any possibility to generate xlsx from xlst schema file. Is it possible to convert xls file to xlsx file ?

I tried to convert xls file to xlsx file, I was faced issues as xls file beging generated from xlst schema.

Please suggest me.

Thanks Guys.

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

Well, Aspose.Cells follows Ms Excel standards and specification while rendering XLS/XLSX files. Aspose.Cells does not support to create XLS file from XSLT schema. I think if your created XLS file (using Xslt schema) is opened fine into MS Excel manually and follows the standard specifications, Aspose.Cells should not have any issue while converting XLS to XLSX or other file formats.

If you still think there is some issue with the XLS (using your Xlst schema) to XLSX conversion via Aspose.Cells APIs where MS Excel does perform the job, share the template XLS file here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Thank you very much for response.

I'm trying to convert the attached xls file to xlsx using Aspose cells. kindly suggest any possible options.

Regards,
Venkat T

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file.

After an intial test, I observed an exception: “Input string was not in a correct format.” while loading your so called XLS file which is actually a common HTML file (as you created from XSLT) and does not conform to MS Excel standards and specifications regarding HTML file format. For confirmation, you may simply try to open into MS Excel manually and MS Excel will prompt an error. Anyways, I tried the following sample code with your template file.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\Job_243036.xls”, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html));
workbook.Save(@“e:\test2\out1Job_2430361.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44179” for your issue. We will check and investigate if we could support loading such a file (which does not seem to conform to MS Excel standards and specifications) into Aspose.Cells’ object model.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Hope you seen my excel file generated from xlst file. now I’m asking one more question that can I generate same file in xlsx format without using the xlft file using our Aspose cells.

We do have immediate requirement, so need to generate file in xlsx file. please suggest us is this possible in Aspose without xlst file.

Thanks,
Venkat T

Hi,

If you need to create the XLS/XLSX files from the scratch using Aspose.Cells APIs, see the Aspose.Cells Wiki Conf. Docs for your reference (browse the section/sub-sections to check different documents/articles):
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Home

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44179) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.