We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert xlsm with ole object (PowerPoint.ShowMacroEnabled.12) to xls will cause error

Hi,

I did some conversion on a sample file .xls that containing ole object (PowerPoint.ShowMacroEnabled.12) to .xls and resulting the output file with lost supporting data on one or more objects error. I’m using both c# and Java aspose.cell (latest ver. 19.3)

Here’s my sample codes and my test files:
loss_supporting.zip (55.2 KB)

Regards,
Zhi Lin

@zhilin39,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46697 - Convert xlsm with ole object to xls will cause error

@zhilin39,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46697”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Can I check with you guys is this issue only logged for .net aspose cells ? I also having this issue on the Java aspose cells library too. Thanks

@zhilin39,

The fixes we add to .NET are automatically included in the Java version. Before publishing new (official) version of Aspose.Cells for Java (in Downloads section and maven repos.), we finalize the release and make sure that all the .NET fixes should be included into Java and vice versa. You may wait for the next official release, i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v19.5 (the release is scheduled in the third or fourth week of May 2019), so you may try it for your needs.

@zhilin39,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.4.3:

Aspose.Cells19.4.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.4.3 For .NetStandard20.Zip (4.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.4.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Hi,

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui

I have tested using the latest version and this issue have been fixed. Thanks

@zhilin39,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the latest version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46697) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.5. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi