Converted from .ods XML file is not opened by Excel

Hi,

We have an ODS file which we are converting to XML using SpreadsheetML format and then trying to open the result in Excel. Excel reports a problem and file can’t be opened.

The source and converted files are in attachment.

Valeriy

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your template ODS file to XML (SpreadsheetML) file format. I found by converting an ODS file to XML (SpreadsheetML) file is not opened by MS Excel, see the screenshot for the error prompted by MS Excel:

e.g
Sample code:

LoadOptions opt = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.ODS);

Workbook wb = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\Elms+Farm+Portfolio+Project+-+Animal_bone_appendix.ods", opt);

wb.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xml”, SaveFormat.SpreadsheetML);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45339” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45339 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thank you for the good piece of news.

Is it possible to provide us with the preliminary date, when the new dll is planned to be enabled for download?

Thanks in advance
Valeriy

Hi,

We are scheduled to release our next official version of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.0 before the end of this week. So, it is quite possible that we won’t publish any hotfixes in the week and just notify you to share the Download link for the new (official) release (when it is published). But if, in case we could not publish the next official release of the product in this week, we will surely share the fix here in the next couple of days or so.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.6 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.6 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45339) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.