Converted pdfs fail to render in pspdfkit

We are converting ppt and pptx into Pdfs and those pdfs will open on a computer with adobe reader, but when transferred to the pspdfkit on an ipad they fail to open.

Hi Banc,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you. Can you please share the sample presentation along with generated PDF file for referencce. Please also share the sample code used for generating the PDF. I hope you have been using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.5.1 on your end. If not, then please first give a try to specified version on your end.

Many Thanks,

The version of the apsose.slides is the 7.5.1 we downloaded it only a few days ago.

I have attached a sample presentation along with a PDF of the presentation generated by the Aspose code. The code used to generate the pdf and save to disk is identical to the code used to generate the pdf and send to the ipad except it saves it to disk instead of a memory stream.

The code is as follows:

Aspose.Slides.License license = new Aspose.Slides.License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");
Presentation slides = new Presentation(fileObj);

slides.Save(mems, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);
fileObj.Close();
mems.Position = 0;
return mems;Aspose.Slides.License license = new Aspose.Slides.License();
Presentation slides = new Presentation(fileObj);

slides.Save(mems, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);
fileObj.Close();
mems.Position = 0;
return mems;

This code is almost identical to the code used for the docs and excel file types:

Aspose.Words.License license = new Aspose.Words.License();
Document doc = new Document(fileObj);

doc.Save(mems, Aspose.Words.Saving.SaveOptions.CreateSaveOptions(Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf));
fileObj.Close();
mems.Position = 0;
return mems;Aspose.Words.License license = new Aspose.Words.License();
Document doc = new Document(fileObj);

doc.Save(mems, Aspose.Words.Saving.SaveOptions.CreateSaveOptions(Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf));
fileObj.Close();
mems.Position = 0;
return mems;

We are sending these documents to the ipad app to be rendered in the pspdfkit.

Hi Banc,

Thanks for sharing the presentation and generated PDF. I have tried opening the generated PDF in Iphone and it gets opened in default Iphone Pdf reader. However, I don’t have pspdfkit to verify the same on my end. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34417 to further investigate and resolve the issue. I will be able to share the further information with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you for your time. Could you verify that the code snippet being used to convert the presentation is correct? Additionally, is there any other method that could be used to convert the pdf and then pushed to the memory stream?

Thanks

Hi Banc,

The sample code shared is fine and there seems no issue in it. Secondly, you have been able to generate the PDF using same code that opens successfully in Adobe PDF reader. So, my guess is that issue lies on psPdfKit end. I may suggest you to do one thing that save Aspose.Slides generated PDF as file on local disk and then export that file to your IPad app and test with psPdfKit. This is my suggestion only and may or may not be fruitful.

Many Thanks,

Thank you very much for you advice Mudassir. We actually tried that and it helped us narrow down the issue. We have corrected the problem we are having and everything is working properly. Thanks so much.

Hi Banc,

That is great that the suggestion helped you in resolving the issue. Should I close the attached ticket with this thread now.

Many Thanks,
Hi Banc,

Thanks for your feedback. Please share, if I may be of any further help to you in dealing with issues related to Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,