Converting Adobe Illustrator files to SVG

Hello,

is it possible to convert Adobe Illustrator files .ai to SVG and backwards to .ai with Aspose.Pdf- or Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java?

Thank You!

Wadim

Hello Wadim,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. This product is used to generate PDF documents and you can use its API, convert Image file into PDF, render XML/XSL-FO files into PDF, transform HTML into PDF and even you can convert simple text files into PDF format using this product. I am afraid it does not support the feature of creating Adobe Illustrator files.

However, we are going to introduce a new feature for converting SVG files into PDF format in Aspose.Pdf for .NET and I am afraid currently this feature might not be available in Aspose.Pdf for Java. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello codewarior,

Many thanks for you quickly reply!

The new Illustator .ai format is based on PDF. You can even open nativ .ai files with PDF Reader. Could it be a key point for this issue?

Does it make more sense to ask Aspose.Pdf.Kid guys? Is it more in their competence?

Regards,
Wadim

Hello Wadim,

Thanks for sharing more information.

As I have shared earlier, currently Aspose.Pdf only supports the generation of PDF documents. However, I have logged a new requirement regarding the generation of new output format (.ai) in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-46379 under new features list. We will further look into the details of this requirement and see if we can support a new output format in our product or not. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Meanwhile, our representative from Aspose.Pdf.Kit team will share his opinion shortly.

Hi Wadim,

I’m sorry to inform you that it is currently not feasible to convert Adobe Illustrator files to SVG or SVG files back to AI files. The SVG to AI conversion is already logged by Nayyer, as mentioned in the above post; while, I have logged AI to SVG conversion request as PDFKITJAVA-26322 in our issue tracking system.

Our team needs to investigate whether we’ll be able to support these features in our future versions. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as these features are supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Wadim ,

Is there any update on whether we can convert .ai files into SVG files for .net?

Appreciate your response.

@amit517

Regretfully, the support for AI (Adobe Illustrator) format has not been yet added. However, we will surely inform you as soon as the feature is available. Please spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.