Converting and Merging Microsoft Word and other file types into PDFs

Hello

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am evaluating your product, Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.4.0, to see if it is something that my department could use in our .NET 2010 projects. I need to know if the product can create PDFs from Microsoft Word 2003 (.doc) and Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) files. I’d also like to know what other file types can be converted to a PDF with your product. For example: PowerPoint, Excel, text, html, bmp, jpeg, tiff, etc.

I would also like to know how to merge different file types into a single PDF with your product. The file types would be the ones that I previously mentioned and also other PDF files. If your product has this required functionality could you please point me to some sample code that shows how this could be accomplished?

I am using VB.NET 2010 with Framework 4.0 and creating Windows Forms applications. If I could get some sample VB.NET code then I could create test applications to test out Aspose.Pdf.

Thanks

Bruce Stewart

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

You can use the following Aspose products to convert Word/Excel/PowerPoint files to PDF

You may check the following documentation links for details and code snippets as per your requirement.

Concatenating all Pdf files in Particular folder

Concatenate multiple PDF files using MemoryStreams

Convert PDF files in different Image formats

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello Rashid

Is there a way to convert multiple files into a single PDF file without first converting each file seperately to a PDF? For example, Multiple Word docs into a single PDF or a mix of Word docs and other file types into a single PDF?

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

You are trying to use Aspose.Pdf to convert and merge multiple files of different types into single PDF document. I am very sorry to say that, this product is not suitable in your scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello Rashid

Is there a way to convert just multiple Microsoft Word documents into a single PDF file without first converting each file separately to a PDF?

Also how would I combine multiple PDF files into one PDF file?

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You can achieve this functionality by concatenating multiple Word documents in one document using Aspose.Words. Please visit AppendDocument Method for details and code snippet as per your requirement. This Word document you can convert into PDF document.

Kindly check the following documentation links for details and code snippets as per your second requirement.

Concatenating all Pdf files in Particular folder

Concatenate multiple PDF files using MemoryStreams

Thanks & Regards,

BruceS:
Is there a way to convert just multiple Microsoft Word documents into a single PDF file without first converting each file separately to a PDF?

Hello Bruce,

Adding more to Rashid's comments, you may try using Aspose.Words for .NET to merge all the word documents into a single Word file and then try using the same Aspose.Words for .NET to convert the merged document into PDF format. In this scenario, you only need a single component Aspose.Words for .NET to merge and render word files into PDF format. For more information, please visit Joining and Appending Documents

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.