Converting document with tracked changes to PDF

Hi,

Is there a way to convert a Word document that has tracked changes to PDF, where the tracked changes appear as they do in Word (deletions crossed out, insertions underlined)?

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I’m afraid exporting revisions mark-up to PDF as formatted content is currently not supported at the moment. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be informed as soon as this is available.

In the mean time you may wish to use the work around below which achieves a simple version of what you are looking for.

Using this code insert revisions are formatted as red underline text and delete revisions as red strike through. This mimics the way MS word displays them and hopefully is suitable for you for the time being.

Document doc = new Document("Document.doc");

foreach(Run run in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Run, true))
{
    if (run.IsInsertRevision)
    {
        run.Font.Underline = Underline.Single;
        run.Font.Color = Color.Red;
    }
    else if (run.IsDeleteRevision)
    {
        run.Font.StrikeThrough = true;
        run.Font.Color = Color.Red;
    }
}
doc.Save("Document Out.pdf");

Thanks,

Any update on this issue (Aspose.Words for .NET)? I will try the workaround, but it would be good if it was fixed once and for all.

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once this issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2120) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(7)