Converting DOCX to PDF erroneously rotates .emf image

Converting a DOCX with .emf files embedded to PDF causes the output to have the files rotated 90 degrees. This is with 21.10 (Java).

I was unable to synthesize a document that reproduces the issue from scratch. Instead, I have a heavily redacted real document. Out of an abundance of caution, I would prefer not to include it on this public forum. Is there an email I can send the document to instead?

@icsk,
It is safe to attach documents in the forum. Your attachments can be downloaded only by you and Aspose staff.

Unfortunately, my legal team won’t let me do that. Is there any more-private method that I can use to send you the document?

@icsk You can send your file ‘via private message’. In order to send a private message with attachment, please click on the member name and find “Message” button.

How to apply Aspose.Words License?

We will then investigate the issue with your document on our end and provide you more information.

@alexey.noskov I sent you the document in a private message. Can you confirm that you received it and are able to reproduce the issue?

@icsk Thank you for additional information. Yes, I have received your cleaned.docx document. However, MS Word reports the document is corrupted but it can recover it. After recovering the images are 90 degrees clockwise rotated, just like in the PDF produced by Aspose.Words.
I have inspected the document and as I can see the shape is properly rotated. There is

<a:xfrm rot="5400000">
    <a:off x="0" y="0"/>
    <a:ext cx="4054456" cy="4900590"/>
</a:xfrm>

As you can see rot="5400000", the values is in 60000ths of a degree, i.e 90 degrees.

You’re right on both counts, though it appears “repairing” the document doesn’t change anything relevant.

In any case, after your response I hunted down a copy of Windows Word and you are correct – it shows as rotated there. Mac Word (which I use) does not, so this actually appears to be a bug in Word itself. Fun.

Sorry to waste your time, and thanks again for accommodating my request!

@icsk Please feel free to ask in case of any issues, we are always glad to help you.