Converting Excel to HTML result with problem

Hello,

we got a report about a bad result when converting an excel workbook to HTML with Aspose. It´s still reproducable in the current version with the following code (simply saving it):

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            var lic = new License();
            lic.SetLicense(@"S:\Aspose.Total.Net.lic");

var workbook = new Workbook(@"S:\tmp\xls\in.xlsm");
            workbook.Save(@"S:\tmp\xls\out.html", SaveFormat.Html);
        }
  • In the header the image overlaps the text
  • two of the four “main pictures” are missing
  • Some images are oddly stretched (for example in the top left of the 4 images, there is an icon next to the “2”)
  • Some text in the table is placed at wrong position and overlapped by other image (for example in the blue column the “B” row: text placed too low and overlapped by picture).

Files are attached.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

files.zip (2.6 MB)

@Serraniel,

Thanks for the template files and details.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to HTML file format. I confirmed your mentioned problems in Excel to HTML rendering:

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-50951” for your issue. We will look into it soon.
Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Serraniel

For the issues:

• In the header the image overlaps the text
  • two of the four “main pictures” are missing
  • Some text in the table is placed at wrong position and overlapped by other image (for example in the blue column the “B” row: text placed too low and overlapped by picture).

We can reproduce these issues, and we will fix them.

But for the issue:

• Some images are oddly stretched (for example in the top left of the 4 images, there is an icon next to the “2”)

When open your source file in Excel, it is dispalyed in Page Layout view, the icon looks OK. However, if you change to Normal view, the icon is stretched. see screenshots:Screenshot_NormalView.jpg (298.1 KB)
Screenshot_PageLayoutView.jpg (281.2 KB)
While converting to html, we follow the display in Normal view, so it is not an issue.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-50951) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi