Converting Excel to TIF

Reference thread:

I’m converting Excel sheets to TIF, and I have some issues when the sheet contains shapes like pictures and graphs.

We see cases where text is spread out in cells all over the sheet, and we need to clean up by deleting blank rows and cells before converting.

To illustrate this, I have attached a simple Excel sheet, that I have used for testing.

The problem is that if there is a shape in the beginning of the sheet, the blank rows and cells under the shape are also deleted, and text is pushed underneath.

My idea is to identify the bottom of the last shape in the sheet, and then delete blank rows and cells from that row and down. That way, text would be placed under the last shape, and would then be visible.

However, the way I see it, the DeleteBlankRows(); and DeleteBlankColumns(); methods exist on the Cells object, which covers all cells in the sheet.

There’s no way to define a specific row or cell as a starting point. Something like DeleteBlankRows(int rowNumber) and DeleteBlankColumns(int columnNumber), or any other way to define an area to delete blank rows and columns in.

Do you have any suggestions?

Another issue I have is when there is a graph in the sheet.

If I then locate the graph in the Shapes collection on the Worksheet object, the height is fine, but the width of the graph is 1 pixel. This means that the graph is gone when I convert the sheet.

There is no problems with pictures.

This Topic is created by Amjad_Sahi using the Email to Topic plugin.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.6.1:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.6.1 (.NET 2.0)
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.6.1 (.NET 4.0)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45428) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45428) have been fixed in this update.