Converting excel to word

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest aspose cell jar, but my old program to convert xls to word is not working. Kindly share the modified program to convert xls to word, which works with latest jars.

regards,
Gopal

Hi,

I am afraid you have to modify/change your older program’s code segments to work with latest APIs set accordingly by yourself. If you have no time or cannot change your existing code to work with latest APIs set, then we recommend you to kindly use the prior version as it works fine with your excel to doc conversion, so you may continuously keep it using.

I would also share some information or details about latest Aspose.Cells for Java versions. Well, since the release of version v7.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry325010.aspx
we have ported Java version from .NET, so now it equally matches with the .NET version regarding features and performance. We have to change the API model to match with .NET version. So, you will surely need to change your existing code segments accordingly.

Please refer to and you should browse the Aspose.Cells for Java API Reference for complete reference.

Also, the Programmer’s Guide is already updated based on the new APIs set, so, please check the documentation:

Now, I will guide a bit here on how you can cope with some API errors here, it will not cover all issues though. You should evaluate the errors by yourself and update the code segments accordingly.

1) Please use workbook constructor now instead of Workbook.open() method, e.g
com.aspose.cells.Workbook wb = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook(stream/filepath);

2) Some older classes have been renamed or updated to become:
com.aspose.cells.WorksheetCollection
com.aspose.cells.ChartCollection
com.aspose.cells.SeriesCollection
com.aspose.cells.Series
com.aspose.cells.ShapeCollection
com.aspose.cells.CustomDocumentPropertyCollection

etc.

Thank you.