Converting fractions to HTML

I am trying to convert vulgar fractions (½) embedded in a word doc to HTML. They are not getting converted to a valid HTML encoded character as the unicode values still exist in the resulting HTML file. The encoding being used is UTF-8.

I am using aspose-words-17.9-jdk16.jar to convert.

@aprfrancisco

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Attached is the example word doc. unicode-fraction.zip (9.0 KB)

@aprfrancisco

Thanks for sharing the document. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you convert your document to HTML using MS Word, you will get the same output.

Please share your expected output HTML document here for our reference. We will then provide you more information about your query.

I would expect the fraction to be converted to an html entity. In this case, it should be ½ See attachedunicode-fraction-symbols-expected.zip (4.7 KB)

@aprfrancisco

Thanks for sharing the detail. You are facing the expected behavior of Aspose.Words. MS Word generates the same output. However, for this case, we have logged new feature request as WORDSNET-18060 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is there a timeline that can be provided? Would it be helpful if I submitted a ticket via the licensed user also?

@aprfrancisco

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the implementation of this feature has been postponed (no estimate is available at the moment). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies