Converting from Word to HTML- and then HTML to Word

Latest update is to mid-October.

Ouch. I was originally told mid-September. Can I assure my client mid-October is a real date?

Any more word on this HTML import? Thanks!

Just to echo Douglas really, do you have any timescales to when this feature may be a available.

Still waiting. I may have to develop or try and purchase some other alternative real soon now, as the project I have built in antition of this feature is at the point where I really need to do SOMETHING. The client has purchased the Aspos.Word product in antition of this being ready. If I need to purchase another library, it will be my nickel.

Hi Douglas,

Sorry we are pushing deadlines, can you please send one or more sample HTML documents you need to import, then I can tell more exactly when support for this will be available.

Hi Roman,

The ability to pass the class a URL or a HTML stream. That’s all we need.

Gareth

What I need to do is convert a reasonably straightforward HTML document to the Word document. It is, unfortunately, a little difficult to get a sample for you. Partly because the way the file is generated, and partly because there is a lot of patient information in the actual files. I will play with it in the debugger and hopefully catch what I need to catch and get it to you.

I whipped up a way to send you a sample file, emailed it yesterday to support@aspose.com, and just now at word@aspose.com.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Thanks, I’ve got the file.

It uses some CSS formatting, for example:
style="FONT-SIZE:12pt; FONT-FAMILY:'Times New Roman’

This complicates things a little bit because we did not plan to include CSS support in the first release of HTML import.

But because your document uses only few CSS formatting elements, we might be able to include it right in the first version.

I’m not sure if I can give another estimate on this feature availability because we apparently blew it big time this time. We will try to have something for release by the end of next week, but I have to reserve the right to miss it.

Interestingly, this is HTML generated from the Aspose.Word.

If you do not have it done by 11/4, I will not be able to use it until 11/15 (I am tied up on other issues 11/4-11/15). If it is not ready by 11/15, I will have to find some sort of alternative, as my client has had enough.

Has there been any progress on this? I need to start moving on this.

Aspose.Word 1.9.5 was released yesterday that has DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml method.

At the moment it supports limited set of HTML elements. Notably tables, lists, images and CSS formatting is not supported. We expect to release these over the next few days. For example, tables should be out in the next 2 days, then lists and so on.

Styles are important, only because that is what is spit out by Aspose.Word when I convert a doc to HTML (which is what I need to convert back after editing in a Rich Text Box). Any ETA on that? I am dead in the water until I can convert the document I sent you guys previously (again, a document that came right from Aspose.Word).

Can I get any feedback on this? Alternately, if there is no date that can be given, can I work with someone about getting a refund, as this was, explicitly, exactly what I said I needed to do: Take a DOC file, convert to HTML and then back again. I will be taking a bit of a bath trying to retrofit someone elses library into the application, but if I cannot get a firm, no BS date for this, I will have to.

Sorry we blow estimates sometimes. At this point in time it will probably be more hassle for you to find another component and retrofit the code. Let me suggest you wait until Monday to see what’s available in the next release. We will release support for tables and lists and hopefully inline CSS attributes will be supported too.

Between now and Monday I will investigate alternatives. Understand how bad this makes me look to my client. I had promised this would be done by mid September (following your estimates) and we are now past mid November. All the other work associated with this is done, but I need to hold up billing until this last part (dependent upon your product) is done. Sigh.

Hi,

I’ve started a new thread, this one got too long and difficult to use, can you please follow this https://forum.aspose.com/t/129494