Converting HTML to Excel

Hi, I have a question: I tested Aspose.Cells with a HTML file trying to convert it to XLSX. Where it was capable to convert the HTML (a table) to a spreadsheet, some styling was lost, as headers background color and bordering. Is capable Aspose.Cells to apply styling defined in a HTML via inline CSS? Or are there another implications or considerations about it? Thanks.
This message was posted using Banckle Live Chat 2 Forum

Hi Julio Mata,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Not all type of HTML can be converted to XLS/XLSX format using Aspose.Cells. Only the MS-Excel oriented HTML can be converted to these formats. It means, the html that is generated by MS-Excel when you save the workbook to html format manually.

Please provide us your html file. We will see if your html is convertible or not and update you asap.

Hi Aspose team, this is one of the HTML files we’re using for export testing.

Thanks
Regards
Julio Mata

Hi Julio Mata,

Thanks for sharing the html file and using Aspose.Cells.

I have checked your file with MS-Excel and it is able to open it with correct styling and formatting. However, styling information is lost when it is exported with Aspose.Cells. We will look into it if this feature could be supported and html file could be correctly converted to workbook. We have logged this issue in our database. Once, there will be some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42183.

@JulioMata,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v21.6.3 (attached)
Aspose.Cells21.6.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.6.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.6.3 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.
Let us know your feedback.