Converting pdf to excel

Hello,

I am using the sample code as shown in http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfnet/Convert+PDF+to+Excel+Workbook.

This does not seem to work for me since I am getting the following:

1. When I open the generated file I get an error with information that the extensions and document type dont match.

2. When I go ahead and force open the file, there is not data in the excel sheet,

Kindly assist with this.

Thanks!

Pius

Hi Pius,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please share your source/input file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for quick response kindly find the attaached zip file which has the input pdf file and expected excel file.

Kind assist, eagerly waiting for your response

Thanks!
Hi Pius,

Thanks for sharing your source document. I have tested the scenario and unable to notice the issue.

piusnjoka-1:
1. When I open the generated file I get an error with information that the extensions and document type dont match.

It is not a Aspose.Pdf bug. It is expected behavior, as this message appeared because Aspose.Pdf provides saving in MS Excel 2003 XML format. To avoid this warning message in MS Excel version 2007 and higher without any warning messages you can save output file as XML extension.

// save the output in XLS format

doc.Save(myDir + "PDFtoExcel2007.xml", excelsave);

piusnjoka-1:

2. When I go ahead and force open the file, there is not data in the excel sheet,

It seems you are getting issue because you are evaluating Aspose.Pdf without a valid license file. Please make a request for 30 days temporary license and apply it in your code to evaluate our product without any limitation. It will resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,