Converting pdf to ppt using aspose.pdf

Hi,

i have a requirement in which i need to convert a pdf file into a ppt file, is this type of conversion possible using aspose?

Hi Kabilan,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am sorry to inform you that PDF to PPT conversion is currently not available in Aspose.Pdf for .NET. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFNEWNET-33661 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is looking into this feature and you will be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

As all we know the PDF format is hindrance when it comes to importing into PowerPoint –the PDF format is set in stone unless you have Adobe’s expensive software to edit your own PDF files. I have heard about some PDF to PowerPoint Converter can work as Adobe, I just google your question, find it is. good luck !

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing your comments. Please note that Aspose.Pdf for .NET is fully capable of dealing with PDF documents and its does not require Adobe Acrobat Professional or Adobe Automation SDK to create as well as Manipulate existing PDF documents. However concerning to this particular requirement of converting PDF files into PowerPoint presentations, it will require the integration of two of our components i.e. Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Slides or Aspose.Pdf will natively support the feature of transforming its objects to MS PowerPoint standards and save them in PPT/PPTX format (it all depends upon the approach the development team will follow depending upon current product Architecture).

Aspose.Slides provides the capability to create as well as manipulate MS PowerPoint presentations without using Microsoft Office PowerPoint or Microsoft Office Automation SDK. This product also provides the capability to convert PPT/PPTX files into PDF format.

PS, I am not entirely certain that either it fulfill your requirements but you may consider export PDF pages into Image format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET and then create a new Presentation from these image files using Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please visit the following links for further details on

Is there any news about this topic on the Java side???

Hi Reto,

Thanks for your interest in our API’s.

Aspose.PDF for .NET provides the Convert PDF to PPTX conversion feature but I am afraid currently its not supported in Aspose.PDF for Java. For the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFNEWJAVA-33388 in our issue tracking system and as the Aspose.PDF for Java is ported from its sibling Aspose.PDF for .NET, so we hope to introduce this feature in Aspose.PDF for Java, sometimes sooner.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

PS, as a workaround, as suggest above, Convert PDF Pages to JPEG Image format using Aspose.PDF for Java and then Adding Picture Frame to Slide using Aspose.Slides for Java

Ok, thanks for the information!

Hello,

Any update on the best way to convert PDF to PowerPoint?

Best,
Jan

jan.schultink:
Any update on the best way to convert PDF to PowerPoint?
Hi Jan,

Thank for contacting support.

We are pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to Convert PDF to PPTX. Please try using our API and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thank you. Is it also available via Cloud APIs?

Hi Jan,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for Cloud does not support the feature to convert PDF files to PPTX format. However you may consider a workaround to [Convert PDF to Images, TIFF, HTML and other Formats](http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfcloud/Convert+PDF+to+Images%2C+TIFF%2C+DOC%2C+HTML+and+other+Formats) and then use Aspose.Slides for Cloud to add images to PPTX file.

Hi Jan,

In addition to above reply, we have logged a new feature request SAASPDF-142 in our issue tracking system for PDF to PPTX support in Aspose.Pdf for Cloud as well. We will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-33388) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.0.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)