Converting PPT Slide Notes to PDF along with Formatting

Hi,

Am having a requirement where I need to read the presentation slide by slide, take a snap shot of the slide image and add it to a PDF along with slide notes below the image. Whatever formatting the slide notes has like bold, italics, underline, nested bullets etc should be retained in the same fashion even in PDF.

I have done the POC where am able to create the thumbnail image of the slide and add the slide notes but without a format.

I found it from the forum on how to find whether text has formatting using Portion object. My question is how do I represent the same formatting in PDF? Is it possible using Aspose.PDF?

It is very critical and if Aspose.PDF supports this functionality? Any help on this will be appreciated.

Nataraj

Hi Nataraj,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I would like to inform you that there could be two possible ways to add text with the formatting in PDF i.e. inline HTML or text Segment with TextInfo. Now, you first need to get the slide notes with formatting either in HTML format or text and formatting separately.

If you get the notes as HTML, you can add this using the inline HTML to PDF method. However, if you get the notes’ text and formatting information separately then you can use text Segment with TextInfo to add the formatted text in the PDF file.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello Nataraj,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Adding more to Shahzad's reply, there is another workaround to accomplish your requirement.

First create a presentation with images and slide notes and then directly convert the presentation into PDF formatting. To accomplish this requirement, we've a product named Aspose.Slides. For more information on how to convert the presentation into PDF format, please visit this link.

For your convenience, I'm moving this thread to Aspose.Slides forum. In case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Nataraj,

It is absolutely correct that a complete PPT / PPTX can be exported to PDF using a single function Slide.GetThumbnail() if using Aspose.Slides for Java component. However, it never takes takes into count the notes associated with a PPT / PPTX as it is prohibted by PPT documentation. Due to this single reason, you will have to rely on Aspose.Pdf for Java component. So, I am moving this thread back to Aspose.Pdf product family forum.